New to Lake Erie

kingtroller

Excellent site, lots of information. I'm new to lake Erie and any information is very helpful. According to fishing regulation you're allowed to rods per person on lake Erie and St.Clair, exception being St.Claire river and Detroit river, 6 walleys and 2 rainbows. As far as fishing it looks like trolling is done in 60 fow down 40_45ft with long (150ft ?) leads at downrigger, lead core, dipsys, spoons and crankbaits. How far to drive (port Burwell) to get to 60 fow? Any additional detail is greatly appreciated.
Thx

Hey Kingtroller,

60' of water is approximately 8 to 10 mile run due South of Port Burwell.

As for the rest of your information you mention, you should have no problem hooking a few walleye!!
Of course as long as the weather will be decent!

Good luck!

I think the Inner Bay at Long Point and Rondeau are also restricted to 1 road per angler. See http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume/groups/lr/@mnr/@letsfish/documents/document/mnr_e001338.pdf .

Also Kingtroller you are allowed 5 trout per sport licence in Erie and only 2 in Huron.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks