New to Docking

dawson29

Hey fellas. This year will be a first for me as far as leaving my alumacraft in the water. Just wondering if any of you have some tips for a worry free season. Any must haves that you have bought to protect our babies 😎. Any advice appreciated. Cheers

An automatic bilge pump but make sure bypass main battery shutoff switch .

Ideally separate battery for auto bilge pump, but a small solar panel in windshield should keep battery charged

I would look for some kind of wax or polish to put on at start of season , that would help cut down on scum build up ??

If possible.... a game camera linked to your phone or computer attached to a tree or post...would be nice so can keep eye on it ???

If you are docking closest to the lake, you have eyes and proactive people ready to jump into action on your behalf.

Auto working hot wired bilge is a must.

Larger quality bumpers cuz there's still way too many morons too stupid to understand what "Slow! No Wake!" means.

Vast majority of docks are floaters, so how you tie you boat is of no issue with regard to water fluctuations. 🌻

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks