New Rigger Weights!!

bosco

Site Sponsor
Hot off the big news that Shark will no longer be producing Chrome Shark's... Canadian Manufacturer's POW CASTINGs are releasing their POW-R-BAIT Weights in 10, 13 and 16ls in the AMAZING new Chrome and Copper finishes!!!

These weights track better than sharks and produce fish just as well if not better!!

Reg painted weights are in stock at AANGLING OUTFITTERS and the 2 new ones should be there soon!!!

Attachments

• powchrome.jpg
    powchrome.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 128
  • powcopper.jpg
    powcopper.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 127
Have to ask Jos or Dane that one!!! I heard less than the sharks though.

Nice! Just bought two 15lbs black sharks a month ago but will be trying something else next time around forsure!

Also available in Black, silver and a steelhead pattern.

I have been using them for just over 2 full seasons and very pleased with them.

Any issues when rigger is bringing them up ? How do they trip when retrieved so as to not pull against itself.

Still a fan of torpedo. Way less blow back specially when trolling deep on Ontario. These blew back way more. An when coming up couldn’t put into auto cause it kept wanting to swing towards outdrive

No problem with blow back or auto stop on my Scotty's. I have the big torpedos and they just sit in the cabin now. These also track truer and handle the tight turns better than the torpedos.

Your preference I guess. Or the owner is giving deals to promote lol. But I seen the difference cause they did look interesting when I 1st seen but after comparing the torpedo running same depth 150 + at times up to 3.2 mph the torpedo less blow back by far

I am very glad you found something you like... by all means use them to your hearts content. Fishing is all about confidence in your gear. I have over 2000 spoons...however...like most anglers... it is the few dozen that get used most and 1 or 2 that I will not fish with out, as they are the ones I am confident in because they catch me fish. That is why we all have our own "opinions" as to what works best.

Same goes for the weights.... which I bought from Jos at Angling Outfitters.... As I did the torpedoes and all 8 of my sharks and countless other designs over the past 20 years. I have put them all through a great workout and report what I find...not what I am told to report, weather or not that makes the manufacturer happy. And in my travels, I found the POW's have the best performance/to cost for Lake Erie Fishing... that is a 13 lber in 30-60 feet and where tracking is more important than a foot or so of blowback. In blow back, weight is a big factor to. A 12 lb torpedo will out do a 10 lb POW... but a 16 lb torpedo and a 16 lb POW are very close... and the POW tracks truer and gives you better sonar refraction.

I run the POWs and formerly the sharks, with confidence at Kettle point cause I know they will follow me around the Kettles and reefs without wandering into them and getting hung up. I have never had either wander into other riggers or setups. On lake O... 16 lb POW's now and the old 20 lb sharks were my choice as I wanted less blowback and to keep things straight running. I used the torpedos here with success too...but the fish attraction of the design shape and facets on the Sharks and POWs really does work and noticeably increased my catch ratios. Then there is cost... the POWs are up to 40% cheaper than comparable sharks and similar price as the torpedos.

So...as you can see...much more to think about that just blow back.

On a side note...I love the torpedo slider clips, weighted steel line and 19 strand wire...are simply amazing products!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks