New moon today & No parmesan

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
slightly depressed this morning thinking about I am not fishing today on the new moon down in the south..super sad... and getting my covid vaccine here in town at 10am this morning waiting ...and a lady in the booth beside me has a bad reaction right after her vaccine...and then question after question from the nurse ..they took her in the back and waited for parmedics to arrive and they wheeled her out on a stretcher..

anyway the weather has been stellar to get my chores done burning time the last few days around the property....so I cant help but here about deer hunting.. so I decided to try some..I took out 2 pkgs of ground venison out of the freezer and thawed vacuum sealed in the sink with cold water..it was still good..
so i was busy in the kitchen cooking the sauce and let it simmer.. and then eating just after 4 ..heres what i come up with..
October 25 2022 new moon & no parmesan 003.jpg

October 25 2022 new moon & no parmesan 005.jpg

sauce was a 2 part 1 bulb of garlic, basil, 1 big green pepper, 1/2 big onion

the sauce sits on top & the flavour was good

October 25 2022 new moon & no parmesan 012.jpg

Last edited:
Thankyou @hvyhaul for the foodie welcome

I must say you guys are real chefs, Ya the photos of the foods cooked are Wows

I am sure your familys are eating healthy..

Nothing better then home cooked meals

Ya @Outdorman healthy in moderation..

when i was hunting big game i ended up with filling 2 freezers..and gave away alot of meats...there was a posting somewhere on the forum.. possibly the shots fired forum ...the post was Free game meats
the posting got lots of attention, and some traveled from far and left with coolers and then others wanted specific cuts and animal.
..yep no complaints

maybe after I have a couple meat ball subs with my leftovers, try again thawing out some caribou and cook some up..
@Derkd9 mentions looking for chili recipes, that sounds good the weather cools a down a bit might try making chili again with my mothers old crock pot..its a large size good for making fish chowder too ..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks