EMeadus

Hello,

Got out on the bay for the first time this season on Father’s Day. Also my first time on the bay in my own boat, 14ft with a 20hp Yamaha. To my surprise and according to the GPS she’ll push 36km full out. Fished just off the north shore drifting east and nailed a few nice pike and lost a big one at the boat. Few bucket mouths that went back in as fast as I could get them off the hook so I didn’t get any pictures but we took home the pike pictured just for a tasty lunch. I tell ya looking at land while fishing is a whole lot nicer then looking out at the water, took 3 years of putting my change in a jar to buy my boat which I named Budget Betty it may not look like much compared to what we seen floating on the weekend but man I felt good fishing from my own boat. Tight lines boys!

Attachments

• D0C2FF36-8C0E-45D2-BD21-F186CF77DF6E.jpeg
    D0C2FF36-8C0E-45D2-BD21-F186CF77DF6E.jpeg
    963.5 KB · Views: 103
You're really gonna appreciate that boat in August when you see the big boats anchored and you can weasel your way through the weeds and find some good bass. Almost bass season!!

Congrats on the new boat! Remeber, the size of your boat doesn’t determine the size of your dinner! Tight lines

Started with a 12 and 20 years later just got an 18 keep putting that change in jar and having fun.

Many years ago now but my first boat was exactly the same a 14 ft. aluminum with a 20 hp Merc. Have lots of great memories fishing out of that rig on LPB and countless northern Ontario lakes. Enjoy, have fun and welcome to the forum @EMeadus. :)

Thanks for all the kind word fellas. I grew up in the kawartha lakes and fished a lot so I’m excited to see what Lake Erie has to offer up. Just sucks the the eyes are harder to get to on the big water and I need to pick my days out on the lake. Either way I’m stoked just to be able to get out now. Thanks again guys,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks