New Garmin Livescope lvs36 May 2024 release. Do you think technology is going to far?

Get Hooked

Forward-facing sonar has already been banned by many Bass Tournaments to level the playing field. Sum Bass Pro‘s say forward facing sonar should be illegal in Bass Tournaments and recreational fishing.

Attachments

• Garmins NEW LVS36 Livescope.mp4
    1.3 MB
  • GARMIN LIVESCOPE LVS36.png
    GARMIN LIVESCOPE LVS36.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 43
I thought it was really fun to use and isn’t really all that easy at first until you get the hang of it.
For sure in tournament fishing it shouldn’t be allowed, but recreationally fishing why not?

I think that video can be categorized as one of those fake videos you see on social media to attract views quickly and cheaply. There is nothing official from Garmin about the lvs36.

Last edited:
I think that video can be categorized as one of those fake videos you see on social media to attract views quickly and cheaply. There is nothing official from Garmin about the lvs36.

Could be, Can only find 2 Videos on it. Found this on the Instagram Page done by the Canadian Fishing Youtuber. who did the Tik Tok Video. (You think this is REAL? Is this what it is going to be like? What are your thoughts on this?

Could be, Can only find 2 Videos on it. Found this on the Instagram Page done by the Canadian Fishing Youtuber. who did the Tik Tok Video. (You think this is REAL? Is this what it is going to be like? What are your thoughts on this?
theoretically they can make the data the transducer is receiving display however they want. I am sure we are there with the technology.
I would be surprised if this is what the consumer really wants from this product

One tournament was organized as a no FFS event. 300,000 top prize 200 boats...........47 boats showed up and none of the guys that are all against it bothered to go..... Johnston won it. All a miss imo. It ain't going no where. FFS is fun, educational, and its a lot harder to catch fish than you think. I've had it on my boat for 4 seasons. Sure it catches you a few more fish but it doesn't compare to how many you see that you can't catch. Very frustrating.

Forward-facing sonar has already been banned by many Bass Tournaments to level the playing field. Sum Bass Pro‘s say forward facing sonar should be illegal in Bass Tournaments and recreational fish
Some love FF others say hard pass. However, to say it has been banned by many Bass Tournaments is a rather large exaggeration!

One tournament was organized as a no FFS event. 300,000 top prize 200 boats...........47 boats showed up and none of the guys that are all against it bothered to go..... Johnston won it. All a miss imo. It ain't going no where. FFS is fun, educational, and its a lot harder to catch fish than you think. I've had it on my boat for 4 seasons. Sure it catches you a few more fish but it doesn't compare to how many you see that you can't catch. Very frustrating.
It answers the question of is there fish there or not. Still have to entice the fish to strike your bait. That’s where the skill comes into play

I thought it was really fun to use and isn’t really all that easy at first until you get the hang of it.
For sure in tournament fishing it shouldn’t be allowed, but recreationally fishing why not?
Why shouldn't it be allowed in tournament fishing. Should tournaments also ban side scan, down scan, power poles ,lithium batteries etc.

Why shouldn't it be allowed in tournament fishing. Should tournaments also ban side scan, down scan, power poles ,lithium batteries etc.
so people who like to complain and are sore losers stay quiet 🤷‍♂️ I don't know It would not bother me but it can give some people an un fair advantage... even side scan and down imaging could give some an unfair advantage if people in the tournament are not equipped... at what point do you draw the line

I've had it on my boat for 4 seasons. Sure it catches you a few more fish but it doesn't compare to how many you see that you can't catch. Very frustrating.
Which FFS do you have? I toy with the thought of trying MegaLive but MegaLive seems to kind of suck compared to Garmin, and I'm already invested into the 'bird ecosystem.

When slancy and I fished up north last year in northern Ontario I fished with the live scope and slancy fished with out two of the days she out fished me one of the days I out fished her

But the one thing was I controlled the boat and where we fished
When there was no fish on the live scope we moved.
When we were on them tho there was an advantage to not know the fish were there.
Because she held the rod steady and only slowly lifted every now and then where as when I saw a fish checking out my bait I tried to entice them to bite faster hahaha

I'll stop at side/down scan to see structure , I've bounced lures off the mouth of fussy pike only to see them swim away. Just cause they are there does not mean they will take your presentation.

Some love FF others say hard pass. However, to say it has been banned by many Bass Tournaments is a rather large exaggeration!

What I am reading Online many of the smaller Tourneys are banning FFS because they don't have Electronic companies as big sponsors like the the larger events such as the NWT and MWC. Professional anglers are usually partnered up with companies to promote and use their products. Neither the pros or the big circuits are going to shoot themselves in the foot by banning specific electronics.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks