New Forum Software - Need Your Input

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking at upgrading the Forum software to a newer package this fall. A quick look at the market puts phpBB3 and vBulletin near the top in terms of quality/features. I would welcome any suggestions you may have about other forums out there that you like and their positive features that are missing here on 6-8. Thanks!

having a "next" or "previous" page button would be nice instead of having to use the drop down menu and selecting the page number

I wouldn't mind seeing an extra forum here entitled Outdoor Photography or something to that effect.

The other thing that might be worth considering is a sub forum for us shorebound anglers who have no boat or access to one.

Don't get me wrong I like seeing the reports from out in the lake etc :D

I just think you might get some new members if a shorebound forum was introduced :)

i'm a member at other forum's that use vBulletin software and i can tell you its great,if you dont like the default style they have a couple different styles the user can pick from witch is a plus in my book.. also you can upload a avatar picture beside your user name,, plus lots of room for all kinds of topics its a great way of keeping the forum clean and easyer to find info on all kinds of different topics fast..i hope this helps... i vote vBulletin..:)

bassmaster if they upgrade to vBulletin they can have all kinds of sections for all topics, would make the forum clean and everyone would have a spot to add info or look up the info they are needing..

how about a topic or key word search bar. make it alot easier to find that one tidbit of info you just know you read but cant remember just where

julier

:) Ditto on the "Next or Previous Page"....An Avatar would be a nice touch,,, :)
Thanks Larry

vbulletine is interesting because it can also support a smartphones and mobile web. IP Board is another platform worth considering.

Another vote for Vbulletin. I lurk around here ehough to know what I like love about the site. Sticky spots for Maps and such would be awesome for noobs like myself LOL.

Thanks in advance

ERN

Hey guys... I'm new to this forum. I have been out quite a bit bass fishing at the bluffs bar this year , and had great success. I haven't done any perch fishing yet this year. I am taking my two girls out this weekend and would like to do some perch fishing. Could any one direct me to a spot. We are launching out of turkey point. Also curious what everyone is using for bait? Thanks everyone , I appreciate any feedback.

I'm new to this site as well, I like the topics that get posted and the links are all good, but it seems to be a little text heavy in some areas, everything is good and easy to follow, but I suggest getting a solid home page, installing a sliding bar and boxes, etc, would make navigation easier. I don't know what kind of platform this site is on, and I'm not web designer, but it could use a facelift. I use wordpress on all of my sites, it's free and easy to update....

Like the idea of a gallery as well, a link to facebook or twitter could be a way of attracting a younger crowd...

I am not sure what the update may do, but this is a great site with lots of good info, the only improvement I could see would be a bs filter, but then it's often excellent entertainment.
. Keep up the great work Stomp!!

Neptune

Took a long look at vBulletin as many of you recommended its use. What I learned is that the guys that wrote that software have started a new company, XenForo, after selling vBulletin. Looks like a nasty legal battle between the old and new has just finished, so I'm leaning towards XenForo. You can have a look at a sample XenForo forum @ http://xenforo.com/community/ . I welcome your feedback.

Hate to mess with something that "ain't broke", but with more and more of us using mobile devices for everything, I think a move is overdue.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks