New BOAT

double h

DSC01166_zpsqbzwvkji.jpg
] Well bought this boat about a month ago from Xtreme Marine 18 ft legend with a 90 hp four stroke . What a difference from the old boat . its nice to be able to finally be able to get to hastings . Rob Belore from Xtreme was excellent to deal with and went the extra effort to get us on the water

Last edited:
From the pic she's laid out very similar to my StarCraft Superfisherman 190. Lots of room. Very nice, congratulations keep her floating and the family safe.

I just sold my 20ft xtreme -- they are great boats. I kinda miss it but I do love my new boat. Enjoy!

That is a very nice rig! How is the 4 stroke on fuel?

Nice rig...congrats! Been thinking of upgrading my statecraft superfisherman 170....will give the legends a look.

Nice looking rig @double h ! I have a 2013 XGS with 60 merc as well @Fishing Pal and love it!
Legend builds a great boat and you're right the team at Xtreme Marine is top shelf!

I'm actually toying with trading my XGS in for 18 extreme myself. I love the side console for fishing, and I do a lot, but when I have the family out they don't share my enthusiasm for the openness and refreshing lake spray that comes with it on choppy days lol.

What did you have before you got the extreme @double h ?

@HTHM my 4 stroke just sips the gas, really good on fuel, and @zxninja I'd buy another Legend hands down.......great hull, great ride, awesome boat and Great service!

Cheers!
D

It's always a tough decision to go side council that will give you 30% or more room or the protection of a full windshield. Chose the full windscreen for our boat and my wife or whoever is sitting in the port seat sure appreciates it. Especially in April and October, even a cool summer morning at daybreak gunning 10 miles into the wind.

Correct me if I'm wrong StarCraft supplies Legend as well as other manufacturers with the hulls.

@jrr, that is the best aluminum hull made today. Did I mention mine is a StarCraft. I even heard some Lunds are manufactured by StarCraft.

Congrats Double H...nice rig...enjoy. Hey whatthepoint im restoring a 95 starcraft 19 sfm...I've been wondering how it
will like erie's waves..whats your exp?

I hear you, it's apples and oranges or should I say comparing a 3/4 ton Dodge Ram Hemi to a Camaro SS. I wouldn't want to pull yours into a shallow bay Bass fishing and when there are meter and 1/2 breakers out here I wish I had @apps boat, which if I ever go bigger I will. That Stripper has enough room on it to hold a High School dance. I can only take out one other person longlineing in mine.

Last edited:
I hear you, it's apples and oranges or should I say comparing a 3/4 ton Dodge Ram Hemi to a Camaro SS. I wouldn't want to pull yours into a shallow bay Bass fishing and when there are meter and 1/2 breakers out here I wish I had @apps boat, which if I ever go bigger I will. That Stripper has enough room on it to hold a High School dance. I can only take out one other person longlineing in mine.

@WhatsthePoint 4-5 guys are great , lots room ! 6 guys are OK but need 2 to stay in cock pit while 4 can play on the dance floor ....you think my 24' has a dance floor you should see the 26' it like a fish tug or at less that what Mrs apps says about them .....I wanted to go 26'but she didn't like it amd beside 24' is plenty enough room for us ......sorry @double h didn't mean to hi jack your thread .....that sure is a nice boat you have .....I have fish a good many hour out of my buddies 18'legend great all around boat !

@WhatsthePoint 4-5 guys are great , lots room ! 6 guys are OK but need 2 to stay in cock pit while 4 can play on the dance floor ....you think my 24' has a dance floor you should see the 26' it like a fish tug or at less that what Mrs apps says about them .....I wanted to go 26'but she didn't like it amd beside 24' is plenty enough room for us ......sorry @double h didn't mean to hi jack your thread .....that sure is a nice boat you have .....I have fish a good many hour out of my buddies 18'legend great all around boat !

Rub it in why don't ya. I have 2 foot it is this year.

OK they have released the hostages, don't pay the ransom.

Nice rig. IMHO the size and power are the perfect combo for fishing in S Ontario. Lake St.Clair eyes, bass, skies, Detroit River in the spring, Erie in the summer, maybe up to Owen Sound in the fall...inland lakes anytime. Trailerable, will handle most ramps, economical to run. Can't do that if you go a lot bigger. As far as fishability on the Great Lakes...if its too rough to fish out of that boat, its too rough to be out period.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks