New best day ever!

kmaub

Good evening all,

I started out last night with a full boat with daughter and her boyfriend and my pops and Bill!

I get up this morning with a text from the daughter that they are not coming! Oh well too bad for them!

So we started out at 7:00 am and cruised out to 62 FOW and set up with body baits on the 10 colour lead core and spoons on the down riggers.
Riggers set at 46 and 56 ft with short leads out 50 to 60 ft.
I don't think we even got the riggers set up and Bill had one on the lead line! But alas it was not to be as it was one of many lost on our way out to 64 FOW
My first came of the lead line opposite side about 5 min later! And mine went in the box!

We trolled around going west then turned around and came back east, not much producing this way so we headed north and started to hit into the eyes.
Speed ranges were best at 2.8 to 3 mph anything less and it was sh*t heads.
Best depth was 62 to 58 FOW
Best colours and lures (see photo)

We also got our share of the best silver bass lake Eire could throw at us!

We had a blast today good water! Great weather! Great people to share the ride and the fish!

so the tally

sh*t heads 5/5
silvers 40/40
bows 0/0
walleyes 9/18

the view from my pops driveway!
b_064620.jpg

my pops getting ready to go out 6:50 am and man was there a line up today!

b_070142.jpg

the ramp!
b_070148.jpg

the line up
b_070849.jpg

the pier shot of course!
b_071953.jpg

early morning walleye roll!
b_075931.jpg

the first of mine 20 minutes of waiting after all lines in the water!
b_080816.jpg

Bill workin the rod!
b_085116.jpg

his reward!
b_094716.jpg

Box O'fishes
b_135450.jpg

the producers
b_141530.jpg

the trip back in
b_143133.jpg

the afternoon pier crowd!
b_143600.jpg

the end of the day me and py pops!
b_150929.jpg

fishin buddy Bill and I
b_150841.jpg

glad to see you got into some of that action down there Rick-----atta boy:D

40? silvers----WOW---did you keep any????

think i recognize couple at front of the "bus" from your morning shot---their "rear" profile sorta gives them away:rolleyes:

We didn
glad to see you got into some of that action down there Rick-----atta boy:D

40? silvers----WOW---did you keep any????

think i recognize couple at front of the "bus" from your morning shot---their "rear" profile sorta gives them away:rolleyes:

LOL that's funny! We didn't keep any of the silvers! But I hear they taste pretty good! If I remember correctly they used to be a targeted fish back in the '80s I think. If I'm wrong somebody can correct me!

Good for you man. Must be great to have a day like that with your Dad.

Silver bass or what ever you want to call them are fantastic eaters. We were able to fill the boat with 2 pounders at the Hydro outfall in April every year before they shut down, Had a few last week, they are a very delicate sweet fish, almost as good as perch. Some like them better than perch. You have to try them for sure. Call me I'll come and pick them up anytime.

Hey are you the one with the 21.5 searay?? If you are where did u get your down rigger mounts for your boat put on my dads looking to rig up his boat witch is the same as yours

Good for you man. Must be great to have a day like that with your Dad.

Silver bass or what ever you want to call them are fantastic eaters. We were able to fill the boat with 2 pounders at the Hydro outfall in April every year before they shut down, Had a few last week, they are a very delicate sweet fish, almost as good as perch. Some like them better than perch. You have to try them for sure. Call me I'll come and pick them up anytime.

I love to get my pops out there!

I knew there was a spot that people go to get the silvers! :cool:

Hey are you the one with the 21.5 searay?? If you are where did u get your down rigger mounts for your boat put on my dads looking to rig up his boat witch is the same as yours

nope sorry Dave not me! I have the 2008 Bayliner Discovery

Good evening all,

I started out last night with a full boat with daughter and her boyfriend and my pops and Bill!

I get up this morning with a text from the daughter that they are not coming! Oh well too bad for them!

So we started out at 7:00 am and cruised out to 62 FOW and set up with body baits on the 10 colour lead core and spoons on the down riggers.
Riggers set at 46 and 56 ft with short leads out 50 to 60 ft.
I don't think we even got the riggers set up and Bill had one on the lead line! But alas it was not to be as it was one of many lost on our way out to 64 FOW
My first came of the lead line opposite side about 5 min later! And mine went in the box!

We trolled around going west then turned around and came back east, not much producing this way so we headed north and started to hit into the eyes.
Speed ranges were best at 2.8 to 3 mph anything less and it was sh*t heads.
Best depth was 62 to 58 FOW
Best colours and lures (see photo)

We also got our share of the best silver bass lake Eire could throw at us!

We had a blast today good water! Great weather! Great people to share the ride and the fish!

so the tally

sh*t heads 5/5
silvers 40/40
bows 0/0
walleyes 9/18

the view from my pops driveway!
b_064620.jpg

my pops getting ready to go out 6:50 am and man was there a line up today!

b_070142.jpg

the ramp!
b_070148.jpg

the line up
b_070849.jpg

the pier shot of course!
b_071953.jpg

early morning walleye roll!
b_075931.jpg

the first of mine 20 minutes of waiting after all lines in the water!
b_080816.jpg

Bill workin the rod!
b_085116.jpg

his reward!
b_094716.jpg

Box O'fishes
b_135450.jpg

the producers
b_141530.jpg

the trip back in
b_143133.jpg

the afternoon pier crowd!
b_143600.jpg

the end of the day me and py pops!
b_150929.jpg

fishin buddy Bill and I
b_150841.jpg
Hello K Excellent info and great picks, thank you for sharing, that is what a reel fisherman does so everyone can have some fun, now, if I could just get you fishing out of Port Glasgow, Lol, Well Done.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks