NEW 2 ME WILKER GALAXIE 17

I had the same boat up until a couple years ago. Mine was a 1986 with a 3.0l I/O mercruiser (great engine). Mine came with the 9.9 merc 4 stroke kicker, plumbed into the main tank just like you are looking to do.

Just a little tip: The batteries (x2) were located at the back of the boat, port side (the trim motor was located on the other side). When the previous owner added the kicker in 1997 they also mounted it to the port side of the transom. Between the 80 - 100lbs. of batteries, and the 150lbs. of kicker motor and mount, the boat had a serious lean to that back corner. You really had to move gear and people around in the boat to get it to run level sometimes. Also made it very difficult getting it on the trailer level. I had Greg at North Erie move the motor to the other side and it balanced it right out nicely.

Just something to keep in mind when you're adding the kicker.

Other than that it was a great boat. These are built for the Great Lakes. I was caught coming in against some 5 footers a couple times and this boat did great. Enjoy!
I also notice mine leans quite noticeably with the weight of the kicker on the port side, two grown men up front it is not too bad but it gets complicated with 3 people. I might try moving batteries around as well to get it to balance better, never thought about that.

It came with the boat, I cannot recall the company at the moment but I seem to recall they were out of Owen Sound or maybe Midland way? Somewhere up that way anyways. Also it is not a stand up height bimini, I'd call it a mid-rise. It's good enough to get you out of the sun but a grown man can't fully stand up under there, have to lean over a bit. I've been looking for a full stand up height one for quite a while now, have seen a couple really nice ones out there from time to time but always are being sold with a boat.
Yes I would also like to find a stand up one, we might have to get them custom made

It came with the boat, I cannot recall the company at the moment but I seem to recall they were out of Owen Sound or maybe Midland way? Somewhere up that way anyways. Also it is not a stand up height bimini, I'd call it a mid-rise. It's good enough to get you out of the sun but a grown man can't fully stand up under there, have to lean over a bit. I've been looking for a full stand up height one for quite a while now, have seen a couple really nice ones out there from time to time but always are being sold with a boat.
My hips are pooched so I need to be able to fully stand up

Attachments

• 20180814_173815.jpg
    20180814_173815.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 17
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks