Net preference.

Alphafowl

Trolled today out by the light house, was a super slow go for us this morning. Tried from 40’ all the way to 100’ for a few hours. Managed to have 1 big rainbow and 1 big walleye at the back of the boat. That’s is where the frustration began, we lost both fish. My net is short and small, so when we went to scoop both fish we ran out of length and ended up catching the hooks and fish off.

so with a saturated market for nets. What is something that anyone would recommend for a smaller boat where space is a premium?

thanks!

Get one with Minimum 6' long handle

Canadian tires some times have the lucky strick nets with 4 or 6 ' handles .

You can always buy a pool vacuum/ scrimmer handle ....they will fit ....most of the large salmon nets

I use a big salmon net, about 6' handle plus 2.5' basket. Tough to find a medium basket with a 7' handle but there'd be a market.

Get a great big Muskie net. I use a Beckmans and love it. It’s an 10 foot net but collapses down to 4 feet. A long handle is a must trying to net bows flapping around at the back of the boat off a dispey. The large basket seems overkill but never once have I regretted it as you lose way less fish and you never will have to worry about a fish of a lifetime getting away because your net was too small

Hey I’ve got one I’m probably going to sell. I’ve cut 6” off the handle but it’s still plenty long enough. I’d sell it for $50. If interested I’ll send pictures

I ended up going with the lucky strike walleye telescopic. The basket also slides down the handle so it get nice and compact! Thank you for all the recommendations. If $260.00 wasn’t crazy money for a net I would have went with the telescopic Bubba.

Watch the weight. I bought a monster and it take 2 hands which ain't great fishing alone.

Watch the weight. I bought a monster and it take 2 hands which ain't great fishing alone.
I did looks at some high dollar nets. And found them all quite heavy. Mind you, you could drive over it with the truck and it would damage the truck. The lucky strike I picked up feels good and the weight isn’t bad.

I've been using the EGO S2 Slider that my son bought for me. Extends both directions and is easily retracted for getting it out of the way. It usually resides vertically in my spare rod holder out of the way. No problem lifting a 10lb frantic rainbow into the boat. Great for walleye too. Lots of Youtube videos on them. Cheers!

Reactions: GPS
I picked up an improperly priced Lucky Strike (real bargain) at Sail years ago, changed the extendable handle to a Home Depot fiberglass handle.

Huuuuuge reach if need be. 😁

Put a piece of pool noodle on your net somewhere it's not in the way to make it float in case you drop your net in the lake.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks