Need to kill another day in London

Bassassin

I'm taking Sun Don't Shine back to London on the 25th for another day of chemo at Victoria Hospital. I may have mentioned it before we call him sun don't shine because when big Kevin walks down the street the sun don't shine as he casts a large shadow, the guy is a beast. 9 years for Calgary and Hamilton on the D line. He's lost a 100 pounds and is down to 375. Not from the cancer from dieting before diagnosed. It will be my fourth 8AM to 5PM day in London. I know many of the members here are from London. I have been to Lambton Tackle, Angler Sports, Anglers Outfitters down the highway, walked around downtown, been to the mall. Seen 100 Horton and McD's. Had nice lunches from Sushi to Mexican, been to all the liquidators, the shows don't have matinees during the week. Even went to lunch in Port Stanley and tooled around there for a bit. Now if it was even 10 years ago I would ask of there is a place of culture and art in London such as the Ballet. I know there was a few years ago and being an individual that appreciates a good dance recital may be convinced to spend an hour and some hard earned cash as a patron of the arts if convinced to come out of retirement of there still is such a place. Now I know all the good citizens of 6-8 would never frequent such an establishment but if they may happen to ask the mailman, guy in the lunchroom at work maybe even their next door neighbor I might be convinced to pay the dance troop a short visit.

In all seriousness the cancer clinic isn't a place I like to hang around in all day. I sit with Kevin for a bit but is just sad to see the folks that need to be there. They do have a neat thing at the clinic. On the lower floor there is a large Asian cymbal, when it is gonged that means that person is now cancer free and everyone, absolutely everyone let's out a cheer and a round of applause. It brings a tear to ones eye, it's wonderful to hear that gong. And I hope to hear it many times. You folks have a nice hospital there and all the staff are wonderful. In Hamilton you can't tell the Dr's from the maintenance staff the way they dress. At Victoria they all act and dress in a very professional manner and treat the patients and caregivers like gold. That can't be said often in today hospitals.

Stomp, you can take me to lunch if you wish. As long as you don't wear rubber shoes.

I have to add, over 3 years back when we were doing some plumbing at his place I noticed a very, very large black spot on his plumbers butt. I said man you need to check that thing out and get it removed. He told me to mind my own business and didn't get it checked out until he started having pain. It was a malignant tumor. It now has spread to his lymph nodes and liver. I kick myself for not insisting. I know the prognosis would have been better if he did something 3 years ago, I'm sure of it. Now it looks like I'll probably loose my old team mate and pal. We guys are stupid when it comes to our own health. We will do anything to protect our loved ones but when it comes to us we are stubborn as hell.

Get check ups, see a Dr. if something doesn't look right. If over 40 get a colonoscopy annually. Don't be so stubborn, and so selfish. Man he pisses me off.

Talk about digressing, I start off looking for a peeler joint and end up warning people about cancer and now I'm both pissed off and almost crying at the same time.

Sorry to hear, but what I great story! He played CFL, he is a tough guy, especially with a buddy like you at his side. One word for killin a weekday in London....SLOTS hahaha

Hey whatsthepoint keep the faith and lets all hope that Asian Cymbal goes off for your buddy.
I don't know you or your buddy but there is definitely a prayer for the both of you. I know exactly what
you are going through.Hope things go well.

Sorry to hear about your buddy WTP, your story is heart felt and hits very close to home. I find the worst part about us getting older is seeing so many we love getting terminally ill or suddenly dying all around us. It's just a part of life we never gave much thought to when we're young but it certainly becomes all too real when we reach the autumn of life. I'm sure your buddy is thankful to have his friend there for him at a time when he needs you the most and I wish him all the best.

I googled the Beef Baron. I remember that ballet from the 90's when a pal that owned a dance hall in Hamilton and I would go out for a talent search. I can't believe it's still there. Of the 20 something permits they once had in Hamilton for those places only 1 exists today. 10 bucks a beer? No wonder why! When a beer was a few bucks in a regular bar it was 5 in a strip joint then, the difference is everyone in their 20's and 30's pretty well had a good paying job at the plant or construction then and had some cash in their jeans, not today.

Thanks for the kind words all, the big guy would appreciate them as well as the prayers. I once heard or read somewhere " I don't believe in God but sure am afraid of Him!". Prayers are welcome, and I don't care to which God they are answered by. I say generic prayers, there are many that could use them.

WTP......Get SDS to a homeopathic consultant....if he is positive minded about them...worked for my daughter...8 years and counting...and yes lots of prayers from MANY people...with my prayers and thoughts good luck and tell him to keep that chin up....

What is a homeopathic consultant? If it's the people that tell you they can cure you by sprinkling oregano on you, you can tell them to go f.....ck themselves. He did that for a year until he conceded the way to go was traditionally tried and true modern medicine. Don't get me going buddy. I know you are trying to help. A billionaire Steve Jobs tried that and spent a few million doing so. He was on chemo when he died, sorry Steve too late. Read his stuff. Man, you hit a nerve pal, Homeopathic, what a crock of shit. Maybe if you have the flu or a sore knee.

Now that I've calmed down I'm happy your daughter is better. If you believe it's because of homeopathic good for you. If you have leg severed due to a car accident, tell the emergency surgeon you want a homeopathic person to cure it. Want a crock of poop. Edit, crock of shit.

Last edited:
WTP.....u just showed me what a JERK u r mac......your mouth goes before your brain works.....ours worked with each other....125 trips to Hamilton & worked with consultant...WILL never message YOU again....

I apologize for the outburst. I don't agree with it but many do as it has worked for them. I'm at a better place today than last night, long story, I was out of line. What ever has worked is a blessing. Sorry.

It really isn't a long story Red, I was in the bag after the better part of a bottle of Smirnoff. I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else and can be an asshole when my brain is impaired by Vodka. Actually my wife says I'm a jerk sometimes Vodka or no Vodka. I'm so embarrassed. I haven't drank that much in a long time and am surprised I could even type. Don't plan on doing that anytime soon either, I'm paying for it today Red.

Well I have to hand it to you WTP. We have all said things at one time or another we regret but as painful as it was at least you were man enough to admit it. That's not always easy to do so hopefully @Red Fisher will find it in his heart to forgive you. :eggface: :hungover: :shame:

not a big fan of kicking someone when hes down. None of us are perfect. Its over move on. Man enough to say sorry means a lot in my books.

Any fishing in Long point today?

I am waiting to read a report from Fish Farmer, he was supposed to hit PT. Albino yesterday I think. Saw a few guys I know locally at their hut, nice day to be on the lake, but haven't heard back from him.

Fish Farmer must be living my dream.

Gets to fish a lot! ...and good for him!

FF, what's the word out there? I am realy hoping to get out this week end.

WTP....Just got your apology...thank you...now mine back to you for coming on SO strong....I do agree with you homeopathic alone is No good...Our's worked with doctors at Juravinski But they didn't know it & he would have been history if things he did went south...WTP stand with SDS they need people like you to be by their side..it's one hell of a ride. 8 years for us...my thoughts & prayers are with you...thx again....RF

Thank you. I hope and pray the worst is behind you and your daughter. Cancer isn't the killer it was even 10 years ago. If someone went off sick because of it years back you never expected to see them again. Not today, it's not the death sentence it once was. A close family friend was diagnosed with leukemia 5 years ago. My mother was inconsolable and was telling everyone her friend is dying. I tried to tell her it doesn't necessarily mean she has to prepare for a funeral. Thank goodness the lady at 82 is as healthy as a 40 year old. No treatments any longer just regular blood tests and a handful of meds.

Johnny D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks