Need Some Advice

Helmut

New to trolling this year. We are out of Bruce with 23 ft trophy. I run dypsies and riggers and so far this year can only account for 3 sheephead. We troll for hours just burning gas. I am following the info i see on here but no dice. Getting a bit discouraged for sure. Bring on the pointers please.

The walleye seem to be out far this .Last time i was out we where 15 miles out . The water was warm . Not sure what it is now . Have not been out since the end of July . Had to run the riggers deep 50'. 10 color lead was working . Speed was 2.5 to 3 mph. Dark spoons and gold riplin redfins worked that day.But that changes day to day. If running 4 lines try use lite and dark colors to see what is working. Stagger them at different intervals . Worm harness near the bottom have also worked . Good luck ;)

Im a Rookie this year too. I use to spend all my time on St.Clair for musky.
Anyways Saturday we did well in 62 to 64 fow. Body baits out produced spoons for quality fish. color was not an issue. try slowing down between 1.8 and 2.5.
you will find that the more eratic you are the better. Every five minutes im changing the speed and doing lots of turns.
Those Leadcore lines dont be afraid to grab the line and pump it a few times every couple of minutes.
And stick close to contour lines. those suddle depth changes make a difference.

Good luck and i hope to see you out there.
im in a 18 foot Prince Craft

Was out yesterday off Burwell. Only 2nd time down to Erie for eyes this year. I read this board carefully before going and had read they were deep...soo...out 14 or so miles to 64 feet (kept passing boats fishin in 55-60 feet of water and my first mate kept saying lets try here) but ignored them and kept going to till 64 feet (which is at least another 4 miles). Ended the day with our limit of 12 eyes, 2 bows, several sheeps and a couple of perch. Once out there..listen carefully to the radio ( not so much for location but for colours working that day and depth) So we used ripplin red fins with orange and black and orange spoons. Fished close to bottom(within 5-10 feet). 2.5 mph gps speed and yes as I read here...eratic speed changes seemed to make them hit... most on riggers with 50-100 foot lead...dipsys also worked on setting 3 with 200 feet out...(would once in awhile see them bump bottom on inside turn)..anyways..hope this helps..I know the feeling when out there and cant seem to buy a hit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks