Off Topic Need some advice on selling my boat

Baitwaster

Thinking of selling my boat It’s a 2008 crestliner 1650 sport angler with a 90 hp ELPT merc. Walk through with front and rear casting deck , moto guide 45 wireless 54inch trolling motor. On a shorlander swing arm trailer full cover. No travel cover Front live-well built in wash down system. It has some dock rash. Never left to sit in water Always stored on trailer in garage Where or who would I go for a appraisal. Thanks in advance

Do a search on Kijiji for similar boats it will save you the appraisal cost. I just bought a similar setup last fall but it had a 115 and a 9.9 kicker for $22000. Prices have gone up if anything. If you have a local dealer you trust you can ask what a fair market value is.

Do a search on Kijiji for similar boats it will save you the appraisal cost. I just bought a similar setup last fall but it had a 115 and a 9.9 kicker for $22000. Prices have gone up if anything. If you have a local dealer you trust you can ask what a fair market value is.
Solid advice... and prices have indeed skyrocketed.
if you go the Kijiji route.. be prepared for 85 percent of the replies to the add to be tire-kickers or extreme low-ballers

be prepared for 85 percent of the replies to the add to be tire-kickers or extreme low-ballers

I sold my bass boat on Kijiji back in May. One guy came to look at it and told me when I'm ready to sell for 3-4 grand under my asking price of 9500 give him a call. I had to use a lot of restraint to not tell him what to off.

Sold it the next day for 750 under my asking price. It took 5 days to sell and had a lot of intrest.

I'm sure with a little research, you will come up with a fair market value to put on your boat. As for low baller's, they come with the territory. Best part is, they drove to see your boat from God know's where and they are leaving...without it! Very simple...have a nice trip home....and I LMAO!
Best of luck selling your boat Baitwaster it's a seller's market right now.

Thinking of selling my boat It’s a 2008 crestliner 1650 sport angler with a 90 hp ELPT merc. Walk through with front and rear casting deck , moto guide 45 wireless 54inch trolling motor. On a shorlander swing arm trailer full cover. No travel cover Front live-well built in wash down system. It has some dock rash. Never left to sit in water Always stored on trailer in garage Where or who would I go for a appraisal. Thanks in advance
Sold my 2000 crestliner 1600 fish hawk in a few hours. Lots of use and got what i paid for it 20 yrs ago! My buddy sold his 2012 tracker 18 sport for 2k more than he paid in 2011! The market is hot. Ask for what you want, you will likely get it. Both boats mentioned sold in less than 24 hrs.

Just to give you an idea. You will need to adjust your price with options, motor size etc.

Hope this helps.

@Baitwaster... all you need is someone who has recently looked at the price of new boats. They will think whatever price you set on your boat is a bargain. ;):)

Saw a guy selling my exact boat for 11k more than I paid for mine 7 yrs ago.. I was trying to buy his rod holders but he said it had sold for the asking price. Best advice is start way high and go from there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks