NCC Properties Closed

trky chsr

Just received this from NCC today:

In light of the current situation around the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, NCC has made the decision to close our properties until further notice in order to best follow the provincial and municipal public health advisories. As our properties are designated as ‘workplaces’ under provincial law, the closure of our properties is mandated by the provincial government closure of non-essential businesses.

While we understand the importance of nature to our health and well-being, especially in stressful times, we ask you to please postpone your trips to Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) conservation properties and trails until further notice. Please stay home, and enjoy nature virtually: www.natureconservancy.ca/trekker. Together, we can do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.

Please check our website at http://natureconservancy.ca for the most recent updates. We are posting links on our main page.

Megan Smith
4:07 PM (3 hours ago)

to me

As per my prior email, the health department cannot govern the use of NCC properties outside of those uses NCC determines it will allow, just as with any privately owned land. Sorry, I’m addressing a number of emails in the order I see them, so saw your other email first.
Thanks for the clarification.
No worries.
Thank you for the clarification.

Wow eh? On one hand they want people to get outside and go for a walk for both your physical and mental well being , and on the other they take away the very places where we can go and get both of those. A lot of fisherman I know are experts at keeping away from everyone else on the creeks so physical distancing isn't an issue, same with the trails down there. I mean how often do you run into other people on these properties? And I get the need to not get too close to others, but it's not like it's a shopping mall or transit bus. On the plus side, less chance of ticks!
Regards
KJ

Wow eh? On one hand they want people to get outside and go for a walk for both your physical and mental well being , and on the other they take away the very places where we can go and get both of those. A lot of fisherman I know are experts at keeping away from everyone else on the creeks so physical distancing isn't an issue, same with the trails down there. I mean how often do you run into other people on these properties? And I get the need to not get too close to others, but it's not like it's a shopping mall or transit bus. On the plus side, less chance of ticks!
Regards
KJ
And yet we have some spots people drive from hours away to stand beside each other

Regards
KJ
[/QUOTE/}

Megan is well aware of the benefits of the outdoors. I think the lawyers got involved and since their properties are "workplaces" they made the decision to close them. Hopefully common sense will prevail by deer season. TC

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks