Off Topic Navionics or lakemaster for humminbird

aknelsen

What is better navionics or lakemaster for a humminbird helix 5, looking to buy one or the other, possibly in the spring, any inputs?

I got the lakemaster cards for my birds
Far as I know they are pretty much built for the Hummingbirds

Navionics + card is nice. If you get the Canada preloaded card it’s preloaded with basic nautical charts for most Canadian lakes and you will get contours on all of the major lakes (Great Lakes and most popular inland lakes such as simcoe and nippising and all the big muskoka lakes, plus tonnes more). However where the navionics really shines, especially for fishing, is the high def sonar chart maps you can download for most major water bodies. This is the super detailed 1 foot contours that lets you see details that other charts just don’t provide. You just plug the chip into your computer and goto navionics website, download the software and then you draw squares around the lakes you want to get the sonar charts for. I think lakemaster has something similar but I can’t comment. I’m only saying the navionics is awesome in this regard

Navionics + card all the way. With the customer edits rolling in daily... it has the best coverage, over 20,000 lakes in Ontario alone, with more each month!

Do they have a detailed map of lake Asking for a friend
Careful with naming lakes on here, it’s a sensitive issue, especially a lake like this one that has a lot of privately owned cottages. Now that that’s out of the way, this lake is partially charted with sonar chart, looks like it has most major contours.

Last edited:
Careful with naming lakes on here, it’s a sensitive issue, especially a northern lake like this one that has a lot of privately owned cottages. Now that that’s out of the way, this lake is partially charted with sonar chart, looks like it has most major contours.

Love my navionics.... prior when I was with a humminbird device and last couple years Lowrance. If you fish remote areas the yearly renewal is totally worth it as the community edits put everything right on there..... French river levels up this year..... NO problem.... all current data, guys even mark the rocks. The pros go on and on. Bias happy user here though ?

I purchased a sonar this past summer,(Lowrance hook5) updated the card that came with it. I high lighted the area of NE Ontario that I wanted. The downloaded card is still nowhere as good as my fish and chips card. wondering if I did something wrong? it displayed update completed.

I purchased a sonar this past summer,(Lowrance hook5) updated the card that came with it. I high lighted the area of NE Ontario that I wanted. The downloaded card is still nowhere as good as my fish and chips card. wondering if I did something wrong? it displayed update completed.

It should be at least as detailed as your fish 'n chips card if not more. You have to turn on the sonar charts in your view menu though or you just get the navigation charts.

It should be at least as detailed as your fish 'n chips card if not more. You have to turn on the sonar charts in your view menu though or you just get the navigation charts.
AHH never even thought of that!! thanks!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks