Navionics iphone

BigHappy

Has any one tried the app .... If so what do you think ..... Worth it or not.... We fish a fair bit but just cant bring myself to buy a unit that is for the boat only.... Any and all replys will be greatly appreciated
Thanks guys
Jeff

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS APP!!! I use it all the time, it's FAR cheaper then the boat GPS unit. It has all the maps, they are updated constantly.
I highly recommend it! You can set way points, it shows depths, all the charts are at your finger tips. You can select which area you want to download and poof you have all the nav information. It's extremely powerful. I cannot say enough good things about it.

Has any one tried the app .... If so what do you think ..... Worth it or not.... We fish a fair bit but just cant bring myself to buy a unit that is for the boat only.... Any and all replys will be greatly appreciated
Thanks guys
Jeff
I have the app and it cost me around 30bucks...make sure you get the boating fishing app...it shows contours pipelines wrecks etc easy to navigate through. I like it because i only have the lowrance sonar and it doesnt show where the pipelines are in which i like to troll along....this year tho im going to spend some money and get the chip for the sonar. All that being said well worth the money

I have a question. Do you have to have your mobile data turned on when you are using it out on the water or does it function then just from the gps alone? Thanks

@knapptime I've been using it for the last 3 years and its user friendly. I've compared it to my unit on the boat and they are both bang on for speed and location. The nice thing about it you can do a lot of searching at home/work for depths and locations before heading to the lake.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the response .... I have purchased the app ... Cheers

You will love it. I had purchased this app a couple years ago fpr $9.95 and have used it every time out, for both navigation and finding structure. It is very accurate and when used with your depth finder, really puts you on those sunken islands and shoals.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks