Off Topic Nasty day on the lake

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I went down to take some stuff off the Legend to get ready for winter storage and stopped off to have a look at the lake. Glad I decided not to go fishing this morning.

Attachments

• ready to store.jpg
    ready to store.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 158
  • cleaning out the boat for winter storage.jpg
    cleaning out the boat for winter storage.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Glasgow today1.jpg
    Glasgow today1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 153
Did anyone dare to fish lake Erie this weekend ? Looks like any wind over 15k keeps people off the water

Not me., looked nasty. Wife and I still want one more trip out before we pull the boat out. Hopefully this week. I'll likely be starting carrot harvest first or second week of October so I want it washed off and ready for winter before then. Winterized our 5th wheel today.

Pulled my boat today. I don't see any good days for quite while and by the time it's decent, there probably won't be too many fish around. Time to hit the CVredit and get some eggs

I was at the Burwell Canyon today and ran down the cliff, the water was calm as far as I could see, couldn't believe that there was no boats out there, almost made me go get my boat. I am sure 9 miles out had 7 footers perfect conditions for @tailfeathers lol

Good decision @scrimmy .

Pretty sure next trip down is a no fishing, bring the boat home deal for me.

It's been a great 2023 season. 🤗😁🌻
You might want to re-think your choice of bringing the boat home hvyhaul. Check out the next 14-day forecast for Prt. Burwell. I'm impressed!

Pulled my boat today. I don't see any good days for quite while and by the time it's decent, there probably won't be too many fish around. Time to hit the CVredit and get some eggs
yes I do 2 leadcore 5 dipsy and 4 mono with a couple perch rods. I have enough for when I take 2 or 3 people out with me. Not as many as when I ran charters as then I had well over 30 rods

Although my boat is ready for storage all I need to do to go fishing again is take off the travel cover.

Attachments

• ready to store.jpg
    ready to store.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 2
I was at the Burwell Canyon today and ran down the cliff, the water was calm as far as I could see, couldn't believe that there was no boats out there, almost made me go get my boat. I am sure 9 miles out had 7 footers perfect conditions for @tailfeathers lol
I was out Saturday till 2pm!! There where a couple 6 footers go by!! Still smashed 3 limits of fish. If I could hit 40 ft near sandhills and ride the waves back I'd definitely bring in so fish!! Ocean boats rule as water flows off the deck not to the hold no pump needed. I looked this morning at Burwell it was rough out further but could easily run east and ride back.

Attachments

• 20230923_140815.jpg
    20230923_140815.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 39
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks