Nanticoke

Walleye99

Anyone been out of Nanticoke lately? If so how’s the bite been.

Was out yesterday by myself. Got my limit in 3 hours. All on body baits, red fins and reef runners. Fish were down 20-30 ft over 55-65 fOW.
Weather looks good for Sunday.

Went out this morning as soon as the rain stopped at 7 am. Wind was out of the east with 3 to 5 foot white-capping waves at the 60 foot level. Came back in to 40 and set up with spoons and worm harnesses. Trolled our way back out to the 60 foot level when the wind and white caps died down a bit. Managed to net a fast 8 fish, but lost another 5 or 6 just before or at the net - it was difficult to stand up. Only 1 fish caught and then lost on a spoon, all others caught and lost on worm harness's , all in depths over 60 feet. By 11:30 waves were huge rollers - guessing 5 to 7 feet high or more but not white capping. Bite is still on even with the wind and waves.

Was out this passed Tuesday. 6 rods out, fishing 65-68fow. The bite was burwell class/worldclass. We also fished some big rolling water. The humming bird was jumping an average 6ft and as much as 10ft in the rollers but the bite was something else. Multiple times all 6 rods went off at once. 3 spoons & 3 redfins. Best fishing i ever seen out of nanticoke. Fished from 7am till 8pm. Started in 60ft went as far as 90fow. The crazy bite didnt kick in till 4pm on. Untill then it was rather slow..vary slow

Back