Nanticoke

Sky Hacker

Fished the elbow sunday afternoon lake was glass and the bugs were horrible. Managed to go 10 for 17 on eyes and caught a huge bow there's lots of fish out there had two times 4 rods went off but only landed two each time. Only caught two sheep head and a few silvers the fish were everywhere in the column high and low. riggers lead and divers all produced fish.

I see you bled out all of your fish, do you do that as soon as you catch them? Do you find it helps with the freshness of the fish? Or what is the theory there? Again I just landed my first eye on Sunday so I am new to this, and did not bleed it out. Should I have done so? Oh nice catch too!

nice catch ..looking forward to chasing some myself once I have had enough of the perch ,,it is hard to pass up on the perch when the fishing is so good , I just read your post I bleed all the big fish I catch right away ,if I am going to be eating them ,if you cut to the back bone you will find a big vein along the spine ,cut threw the throat till you reach the bone you will not belive how much blood will pump out of one fish.it improves the meat 100% ,,Dutch

great catch. i am jacked to go after the eyes. second that on bleeding the fish. i have a strong stinger that i use while trolling. hook the eye to the stringer, hang the fish overboard, make a cut to the throat up into the gills and pull the fish behind the boat for 10 minutes. from there you can transfer the fish to the ice. I use a sharp pair of scissors to make the cut, one simply snipe is all it takes and by doing it over the side of the boat NO mess. last year on one of my trips we had a couple of fish that didn't get bleed for some reason. when we cleaned our catch it was unbelievable the difference between those bleed and those not. It also makes the cleaning a lot less messy as you don't have as much blood on the table.

Hello Sky Hacker, the Elbow is a big place is what I have heard, and I just got into down rigging, where were you on the Elbow ? and what was the depth you were fishing in ? any help would be great on lures as well. Thanks !!!

Purple worm harnesses trolling really slow sometimes even putting double worm 1.3-1.8 mph. The elbow is listed on this site under maps.

Hello Sky Hacker, the Elbow is a big place is what I have heard, and I just got into down rigging, where were you on the Elbow ? and what was the depth you were fishing in ? any help would be great on lures as well. Thanks !!!
try trolling really fast with large muskie baits....

Last edited:
Wow Is this guy serious? Calling someone a douche for kidding around.......googans these days have no respect.

" got enough gas " lol your all a bunch of online posers pretend to know it alls lol. One day I hope to know half what you " pros " do

Ps I iaed to have a lot of respect for all of you but all you " pros " do is bash others. We shall all now down in your glory

Thanks for the kind words fawnslayer (Hudec) lol glad you were able to find some fish tight lines stay safe

Last edited:
Got to love a good online argument this site has gone nothing but downhill good luck to you all

" got enough gas " lol your all a bunch of online posers pretend to know it alls lol. One day I hope to know half what you " pros " do

Ps I iaed to have a lot of respect for all of you but all you " pros " do is bash others. We shall all now down in your glory

Wow, that's kind of harsh. I am starting to realize why lots of the old regulars who posted on here every time out and shared all kinds of information don't even log on any more.....

Last edited:
Hey there... can one of you Nanitcoke fisherman please tell me how far out is the fishing area (70 fow) from Hoovers marina...do you have to go all the way to the elbow? What about the Nanitcoke shoal? I would appreciate any info on distance and or time on trying this location for a first time. Its just myself.

Last edited:
Hey there... can one of you Nanitcoke fisherman please tell me how far out is the fishing area (70 fow) from Hoovers marina...do you have to go all the way to the elbow? What about the Nanitcoke shoal? I would appreciate any info on distance and or time on trying this location for a first time. Its just myself.
Hi. the five mile can buoy was always five miles off shore south from nanticoke. about 6 miles will get you to about 70 feet, the area call the bite would be about 3 miles wsw from there and the elbow is 4 miles from the end of long point.Hope this helps.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks