Nanticoke

HTHM

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well, I launched at Hoovers this afternoon, and if bugs were the target species, I would have had a stellar day! I ended up loosing two that bent my downrigging rod in half, and boated a sheephead and silver bass, 4 pounds and 2 pounds respectively. Both released.
Fished 25 - 45 feet of water at 15 - 27 feet down with body baits and a spoon.
One kinda neat thing though, I was able to watch a CSL ship get underway and steam out to the horizon, I think he passed about 300 meters from me.

Hey @HTHM I hear you on the bugs........brutal lol
I was out last night and had a little better luck in deeper water. I took a shot right out past the shoal and stater fishing in 68 to 72 fow. Followed the east / west ridge between 62 to 72 fow drop off. Fished from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
Will post some pics and more info on another thread. Just wanted to let you know what worked for me last night.

Cheers
D

Too shallow Albert. Got 2 nice pics today and a dozen farm animals in 55 feet to 65 feet 40 feet down. No bugs this AM.

You know John, people have said that about me before, that I am too shallow. So, when we going?

got 5 in 3 hours out there this afternoon dont start till 55 feet and set your gear shallow all my hooks were in the top 30 ft.

Last edited:
east of nanticoke
Ok cool I was gonna try nanticoke this sat am I have only ever fished out of burwell I'll be takeing my uncle and my dad out will be there first time on erie they have only ever fished for eyes up north so I'd like to get them into some big erie eyes been hear nanticoke very good right now but never been there any advice tips depth location you'd be willing to share would be much appreciated

We were out the other night in the long point stretch of the elbow, the active fish seemed to be up high around 20-25ft. But We got a few on riggers as well down around 45 feet. They were all over the map. Two or three guys on the radio did really well fishing up top. trust your electronics and adjust accordingly, where you see them is a good place to set your gear.

We were out the other night in the long point stretch of the elbow, the active fish seemed to be up high around 20-25ft. But We got a few on riggers as well down around 45 feet. They were all over the map. Two or three guys on the radio did really well fishing up top. trust your electronics and adjust accordingly, where you see them is a good place to set your gear.
Long point stretch of the elbow???? You mean go to elbow (gpswaypointonhere)then troll towards long point?

How far out from hoovers marina is the 55 fow fishing grounds...is this the nanticoke shoal location? Just trying to figure out my time and fuel and marine weather to go ahead..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks