Fishing Report Nanticoke to elbo July 14

fireram

Motored out to 60 FOW, SSE of port. lines in at 7:15. Went solo, so just two dipsys
Trolled out to 80 FOW westerly towards elbo, had a nice walleye on the line around a well head and I lost it at the net.
Did a few circles around the well Head until there was toooooo many boats circling me, so headed west again. Didn’t get any more bites there but I could see everyone around me reeling in fish lol.

Someone on 68, speaking to “Bob” around 10:30, mentioned depth they were catching on was 30ft. Brought in my dipsys to approx 30ft and started catching bows between there and the elbo. Thanks for the tip over the radio.

Trolled back east and hooked up several more, lost two 100ft back that snapped my fluorocarbon leaders, and lost two at the boat, self netting. Also lost another walley at the net.

After five bows in the box, pulled my lines and did a couple laps around the shoal, just encase,,, but no takers there. Maybe once the salmonids leave the walley can come in?

Reading the reports, and listening to the radio out there. Sounds like anyone fishing. The 70 FOW depth from the lighthouse to the fingers is catching lots of salmonids.

Is that ever happened on Erie before ???

In summary.

Dipsy size 1, no ring, out 84-100 feet.
Any spoon with purple.
Trolled 2.5-3 mph (gps)
72 FOW was best, but 65-80 also produced, once I got the bait in the right zone.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks