Fishing Report Nanticoke smallmouth

fishsmith

Went out of Nanticoke Sunday. Despite the lake of wind there were a lot of rollers left over from Saturday. A lot of boats out. Tournamebt was going on so the area was crowded. Lots of fish but difficult to get to bite. Managed a few including my personal best smallmouth 5lbs 8 oz caught dragging a xzone tube

Attachments

• 20221023_114443.jpg
    20221023_114443.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 20221023_123013.jpg
    20221023_123013.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 178
  • 20221023_124810.jpg
    20221023_124810.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 180
No worries, nice catch. Was out yesterday and going back Thursday.
which area of nanticoke generally produces smallies better this time of the year ? the shoals off of/adjacent to peacock point or the nanticoke shoal farther off shore ? i’m new to the fall fishing off nanticoke. it sure looks like there’s some nice fish to catch there in the fall !

which area of nanticoke generally produces smallies better this time of the year ? the shoals off of/adjacent to peacock point or the nanticoke shoal farther off shore ? i’m new to the fall fishing off nanticoke. it sure looks like there’s some nice fish to catch there in the fall !
The Nanticoke shoal can have a fair number but you actually don't have to go out far. there is a bit of a shoal straight out from nanticoke in 20-25. You'll probably see a few boats on it. Its where most were on Sunday.

It's really depends on water temp, you will have to move around as we caught fish from 10 feet to 45. As the water cools they will collect into larger schools. Bent rod pattern works best like others have said.

It's really depends on water temp, you will have to move around as we caught fish from 10 feet to 45. As the water cools they will collect into larger schools. Bent rod pattern works best like others have said.
thanks - apparently i’ve missed something. “bent rod pattern”? - I assume you mean move/fish around until your rod bends and you’ve found them ?

thanks - apparently i’ve missed something. “bent rod pattern”? - I assume you mean move/fish around until your rod bends and you’ve found them ?
I think he means people moving in where they see other people catching them, I personally having many spots marked that I always find them sitting on, Sunday was a little crowded in the one area as despite no wind there were lots of rollers left over from Saturday making it hard to move around so everyone went to the same spot

Went out of Nanticoke Sunday. Despite the lake of wind there were a lot of rollers left over from Saturday. A lot of boats out. Tournamebt was going on so the area was crowded. Lots of fish but difficult to get to bite. Managed a few including my personal best smallmouth 5lbs 8 oz caught dragging a xzone tube
Congratulations! Nice Fish.
That area is one I haven't fished a lot. Is the launch open at Hoover's still or do you boat over from Dover?

Congratulations! Nice Fish.
That area is one I haven't fished a lot. Is the launch open at Hoover's still or do you boat over from Dover?
Dover closes oct 15th. Hoovers dock should still be open

Back