Fishing Report Nanticoke - June 30th

jrr

Went out to Nanticoke yesterday morning -- weather was great, flys were annoying. Caught a dozen junk fish and one nice walleye. I had something on that was big enough to pull my church tackle planer under the water. It pulled back, lots of head shaking. It let go before I got to see it. Lost a couple of walleye (pretty sure, lazy but pulling vs insane all over the place from the rainbow) and had lot of releases.

Only fish I have had pull a planer under before was a king... But there wouldn't be any of those in 60FOW on Erie... I think? Why it can get pulled under is because the front doesn't release and the clip to the flag slips.

I was going pretty quick (2.5-2.7mph) and using body baits. Had fish hit 50-70 FOW.

My dad was happy to reel in the one that made it to the boat though ;)

image.jpeg

There still is the odd coho and king salmon (Chinook) in Erie... All natural (wild) as they haven't stocked any in a VERY long time...

Water looks mint... Nice pic...

I've caught 2 walleye in the same area that pulled my boards under .
Both over 11 lbs . It's really cool if you see it . The board skips back then it's gone . Happens very fast .

I've caught 2 walleye in the same area that pulled my boards under .
Both over 11 lbs . It's really cool if you see it . The board skips back then it's gone . Happens very fast .

Yeah, at 2.5mph if a 11lbs+ walleye grabbed the line I can see that happening. They are stubborn and it certainly felt like a walleye over a salmon on the other end. Now to get one to the boat!

A little late but I'm trying the photo instructions . This was an 11.6 lb walleye that pulled my board under the water . The boat was stopped we were reeling in what turned out to be a farm animal . I happened to have th rod in my hand and was about to bring it in . Just then the board skipped about 8 ft back then went under . It was a very long fish .

Reactions: jrr
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks