Nanticoke july12

rickr

Took a shot at it today. Worked outside the shoal in 40+ fow .
Barely had lines in and got fist walleye. Followed by second one about 15 minutes later. Circled back and lost 3rd fish at side of boat. Nothing followed. Jumped outside to about 70 fow. Where other guys were. And didn't see much so moved back in to about 65fow. Again lines barely in and got hammered by a nice bow. After doing a few tail tip ballets across the water my line broke, taking my gear with him. Before complete disappointment set in. It surfaced belly up 50 plus ft behind the boat.
We got our other rods in and circled back. We were able to net it along with my dipsy and lure.
We circled the wagons and went at it again. This time a laker took its turn at our gear. Although it spit the hook I did manage to keep my gear.

Some where in all that we found three bass too.
Not our best day on the water. But still better than work

Attachments

• 20200712_133513.jpg
    20200712_133513.jpg
    641.1 KB · Views: 198
Have never seen a bow break off and subsequently be recovered. Used to happen with Chinook salmon in the eighties especially when the surface water temperatures were abnormally high. Congrats, sounds like a good day!

Have never seen a bow break off and subsequently be recovered. Used to happen with Chinook salmon in the eighties especially when the surface water temperatures were abnormally high. Congrats, sounds like a good day!
It's a lot better feeling than getting back to the dock and wondering where your dip net went
Trust me , I know

Back