Nanticoke Hoover's launch Saturday the 25th ?

Rob V

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Hoping for one last crack at the cat Saturday morning. Wind forecast sounds reasonable but it's going to be cold tonight and tomorrow morning. Would one night of cold temp's be enough to freeze the channel/launch up enough that I couldn't launch my 18 foot aluminum boat ? I don't want to drive an hour each way to find out I can't launch. Any thoughts ?

I dont think it will be a problem as i am also planning to head out one last time tomorrow. The creek has movement so should take quite a bit to freeze it

I dont think it will be a problem as i am also planning to head out one last time tomorrow. The creek has movement so should take quite a bit to freeze it
Thanks. that's kinda what I thought. good luck tomorrow.

View attachment 82114
Fished Friday and Saturday, both days produced 28lb bags. Probably my last trip in Ontario, maybe hit Buffalo if the weather cooperates before the salt hits the roads.
Very nice ! Thanks for sharing.

Mind if I ask you what presentation / method works best for you at this time of year ?

Once the water temp hits 50 I usually have a blade bait in my hand the entire day, now when the water hit the 40's this weekend that turned off for me and I dragged a tube. I don't like doing it, you don't cover the water and areas as effective but I just couldn't get bit on the blade.

Once the water temp hits 50 I usually have a blade bait in my hand the entire day, now when the water hit the 40's this weekend that turned off for me and I dragged a tube. I don't like doing it, you don't cover the water and areas as effective but I just couldn't get bit on the blade.
Thats Killer. Most of mine weree between 4 and 5 lbs

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks