Fishing Report Nanticoke aug2.

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
The waters off Nanticoke again this evening. Bite was here N there but didnt have to clean weeds off baits every 5mins at least.
4/5 walleye. 5/5sheephead and a couple hits that didn't connect.
2 by way of leadcore,3&4 color. 2 by way of dipsys out 75ft. Worm harness, NK4-D & RRF.
5-9pm. covered water in 30-63ft range.
A Couple dozen truck/trailers in the upper field when I launched. Didn't see many boats(2) out trolling.. Bass fishing in tight perhaps.
Talk at the dock was "limits at the elbow and south of the tip".. Cant say 1st hand if either one is true. Had a buddy over at the elbow fishing who reported "jack $hit" for a couple hrs of trying this evening.20210802_171407.jpg20210802_171310.jpg20210802_230115.jpg

Nice fish! Looks like you were on the inside of the shoal. Outside and towards elbow… marking stuff but just a few releases yesterday. There were about a dozen boats around me yesterday morning. Lots of ‘no fish’ complaining on the radio.

03609683-C975-40AB-92A2-0B8F64A8093B.jpegBD904FB3-C179-45DC-844C-AC69D84E8CFC.jpeg12A56F8A-0941-4029-82FA-A57466DBFCB9.jpeg

I don't get jealous of much in my life but your knife skills i could use... :)

My thoughts too. That's precision.
a sharp stiff knife helps.. something with a stiff spine(not a thick spine) that don't flex much for knocking off the fillets. Classic springy fillet knife for skinning only.
I find it much easier to use a stiff knife for taking fillets off then using an actual fillet knife for that step.

I agree, I use a 5" semi stiff boning knife to fillet and a 7" grohman fillet knife to skin. Does a much more precision job and I find they hold an edge better than the fillet knife

The waters off Nanticoke again this evening. Bite was here N there but didnt have to clean weeds off baits every 5mins at least.
4/5 walleye. 5/5sheephead and a couple hits that didn't connect.
2 by way of leadcore,3&4 color. 2 by way of dipsys out 75ft. Worm harness, NK4-D & RRF.
5-9pm. covered water in 30-63ft range.
A Couple dozen truck/trailers in the upper field when I launched. Didn't see many boats(2) out trolling.. Bass fishing in tight perhaps.
Talk at the dock was "limits at the elbow and south of the tip".. Cant say 1st hand if either one is true. Had a buddy over at the elbow fishing who reported "jack $hit" for a couple hrs of trying this evening.View attachment 47003View attachment 47006View attachment 47005
Beautiful Job @SIX-GRAND

I like the yellow handle Heinkle boning knife from cabelas. Not expensive and no sheath but they hold an edge and sharpen pretty easy. My fillets will never be that nice though. Same knives I use to unmake my deer.

Great to see Nanticoke reports. What a weird year... 3-4 colors? Anything deeper or on riggers? Last year it was much different. The big marks could be lakers, we were getting them still in June.

Great to see Nanticoke reports. What a weird year... 3-4 colors? Anything deeper or on riggers? Last year it was much different. The big marks could be lakers, we were getting them still in June.
Water is ~70F until 50 ft down.. then drops to 65F.... in 80FOW I would get 61F at 70F down. Not likely Lake Trout in 65-70F water or sitting in a crowd like that on the bottom. Has to be Walleye/Perch/Drum.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks