Nanticoke advice

Dmitchell

Anyone been out of Hoover’s and Nanticoke lately? How’s the bite ?

Was good last weekend. Success off riggers and dipseys. 50-80 ft of water most fish landed were in the 50-60 ft range. 50 ft leads. Ladder backs were my hot lures. White/ orange / pink glow.

We did best in 75-90 fow on 3 trips last weekend but honestly, the fish are everywhere..find a school and have at 'em. I set up in 60 fow and trolled due south to 100 and by then we had our limits on Monday and threw smaller ones back. Redfins and spoons both producing well but greasy chicken wing has been the best if I had to pick one. 7,8,10 colour cores for us.

Good luck

great nanticoke fishing friday am for me in 68 fow on choppy brisk NE ..shiners worked great off the riggers/sliders..
that was a first trip for me out of hoovers in many years...use to fish early spring warm water flow out of the Nanitcoke Plant for great fishing..

i was going to go with a good favourite I and some others use stanley & west and run Silver streak greasy chicken wings with copper cup ..thats if the shiners were slow..

just wondered if do you guys run copper spoons at all with good success in eastern erie..

Have had some luck with copper back spoons but if i dont get anyhits with what i.m using usually change it up in 15 or 20 mins

Got our 4 person limit on Saturday, out in 70-80 fow, riggers on the bottom pulling purple harnesses took 50%. Dipsys back 220 on setting three pulling purple harness took the other 50%

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks