My Son And A Few Erie Eyes Today

Nice school of eyes you happened across. Looks like you got the whole family.
Thanks for the post.

Nice fish what depth were you in and what did u use leadcore??? And what's was on the end of the line

Some are more than happy to share that info some are less enthusiastic. I think if someone was likely to give some incite to tactics they would have. That is a personal choice I respect that. He may have just been remiss.

If I have learned anything this year is the baits that seem to work are all over the map. Last year it seemed to be the crazy named spoons. This year anything but more minnow baits it seems, for us anyway. The common denominator looks to be that the fish are still high in the water column.

What trolling sped does everyone use I have a 50hp yamaha and I just put it in gear and that's as slow as I can go is that to fast???

What trolling sped does everyone use I have a 50hp yamaha and I just put it in gear and that's as slow as I can go is that to fast???
lol well whats the speed your going at? tough to tell you if its too fast if you don't tell us the mph

1.9 to 2.0 mph...seems to work best..if u cant get that slow use a sock...i have 115 merc..can only get down to 2.8 mph...so i use sock gets me down to 1.9...i investing in kicker next year

Hey there 1983. On a past boat we installed a trolling plate on the lower drive. In the up position it helps stabilize the boat when on plane. When you idle down you can drop the plate, to reduce the props thrust in the water...Could be an option for you.

Yes, knowing the speed would be a help to determine if you are trolling too fast, that's funny. How long is a rope kind of question. The rule of thumb is 1.5 to 2 MPH for spinners and 2.0 to 3.0 for spoons and plugs.

Before you let the tackle out all the way look at what it is doing in the water beside the boat before you set the line out. Every time, make it a habit. And I reel in the line every half hour to see if it's foul, has any weeds on it or have a fish on. Many silver Bass, sheep's head and sometimes even a Walleye, like today, don't give any indication you have a fish. Especially silvers. I don't know how long we dragged a 5 pounder around today.

@gilfisher - if you have a newer 115HP Merc take a look at the 'troll control' you can add for $300. It lets you drop the revs down. I got down to 1.6-.18MPH on my legend with a 115HP.

@gilfisher - if you have a newer 115HP Merc take a look at the 'troll control' you can add for $300. It lets you drop the revs down. I got down to 1.6-.18MPH on my legend with a 115HP.
Thanks jrr...i look into that...but i really want a kicker..save hours on motor...my wish list so expensive..lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks