My New Perch Rig....

Thirstystone

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
This is my new perch rig.....Made by me 1 year ago...It has caught more double headers than any other rig I have used...I can hardly wait to use it again this year..The hooks are covered by rubber tubing for safety...2008-12-31 001.JPG 2008-12-31 002.JPG

Last edited:
I like it looks simple and shouldn't snag up on itself
i think i might have to make a couple
hope you don't charge royalties

Smart idea @Thirstystone which totally makes sense to me. Shouldn't tangle as easy as a conventional perch rig does either.
Seeing I catch probably 80% of my perch on the bottom hook so why not have 2 on the bottom. :)
Don't know why I never thought of it before but will try now, thanks for the great tip. (y)(y)(y)

Used this style years ago as a kid off the Leamington pier. We called them spreaders and were sold by Burgess Baits. They were located at the base of the pier where we also bought minnows. I don't know if they still exist today. I'm going to the garage to look in my grandfathers tackle box to see if there are any laying in the bottom.

Well before patent comes through can we get a full description of this GREAT looking piece of tackle... LOL ... going to try to build one... Red

what is it made from??

The vertical line is coated stainless wire....the cross pieces are 12' closed loop wire shafts....the center piece is a glue stick cut in 3 ....it's held to-gether with connector sleeves...make sure it's balanced...you can add hooks to the top or bottom ....your allowed three at least....maybe 4...

no disrespect intended Thirsty---there is/was a spreader rig sold for ice fishing that had three arms/hooks

would be ok for vertical presentation but not sure how well it work from a pier

btw attaboy for your ingenuity(sp?)

The vertical line is coated stainless wire....the cross pieces are 12' closed loop wire shafts....the center piece is a glue stick cut in 3 ....it's held to-gether with connector sleeves...make sure it's balanced...you can add hooks to the top or bottom ....your allowed three at least....maybe 4...
Rules for hooks and lines
These regulations apply across the province:

• you can attach up to 4 hooks to your fishing line
  • you can use only 1 line
Certain exceptions exist, depending on where and how you are fishing.
Great Lakes
You can use 2 lines when fishing from a boat in the Great Lakes, however exceptions and restrictions apply.
For more info, www.ontario.ca/document/ontario-fishing-regulations-summary and download the PDF........I do so every year and then print off the general regulations as well as the relevant regulations per zone that I may or intend to fish and I take them with me every time I go fishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
no disrespect intended Thirsty---there is/was a spreader rig sold for ice fishing that had three arms/hooks

would be ok for vertical presentation but not sure how well it work from a pier

Packrat...That spreader is a little too stiff and not flexy enough for shore fishing....mainly used for white fish on a tip-up...gonna have to take you out sometime for some fast action perch....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks