My Great Adventure

SonsOfPerchin

Took my new to me boat out this morning for the first time. As usual first outings with boats I have owned never go well. To start launched the boat and almost out of cut forgot about transom saver and is now gone. Got to 40ft started setting up. 45 ft my first hook up was a sheepshead. Set back up adjust speed to 2.75 mph as soon as I got to 48 ft same pole takes a huge hit and a nice rainbow shoots out of the water like a rocket. Got it to the boat and line snapped at swivel. Canadian Tire swivels are garbage and cut right thru 20lb mono. Right when I was ready to lose it motor started chugging and died. Of course I forgot to put tools on boat so once I finally got it started again I went to shore. Even with all that crap was still great to be back on the water

Took my new to me boat out this morning for the first time. As usual first outings with boats I have owned never go well. To start launched the boat and almost out of cut forgot about transom saver and is now gone. Got to 40ft started setting up. 45 ft my first hook up was a sheepshead. Set back up adjust speed to 2.75 mph as soon as I got to 48 ft same pole takes a huge hit and a nice rainbow shoots out of the water like a rocket. Got it to the boat and line snapped at swivel. Canadian Tire swivels are garbage and cut right thru 20lb mono. Right when I was ready to lose it motor started chugging and died. Of course I forgot to put tools on boat so once I finally got it started again I went to shore. Even with all that crap was still great to be back on the water
Where at? Wheatley?

Well, sounds like you got all the bad karma washed off the new toy :)

If you are looking for decent swivels at a decent cost (especially when you consider the price of getting to them) I have been using Luremaking.com's for a few years now. I used to use nothing but spro's for salmon chasing, but these have stood the test of time pretty well.
I like I can pick the weight and and the style of snap. The duo locks give a nice action to the presentations.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks