My Bird this year (well the first one)

Trevor M

My bird for Christmas this year, (well the first one) I'll be doing another one in couple weeks or so once my MIL and her bf get over what caused them to be unable to come visit us today. As I said in another thread, yeah, it's THAT illness.

Attachments

• 2023 Christmas Bird.jpg
    2023 Christmas Bird.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Christmas Dinner 2023.jpg
    Christmas Dinner 2023.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 25
Looks great, sorry to hear about the family. Merry christmas
I ate too much LOL.

My MIL was WAY more upset about it than we are/were. Took us a while to get her settled down. We told her it's ok, we understand and that we'll just adapt and reschedule, which has already been done for the most part. Christmas Dinner instead of breakfast, and I promised I'd leave all the decorations up until after they've come and we've had "Christmas" with them. Just waiting for her to get in touch once they're both feeling better, which given they both just tested positive on Friday might be another week or so, if not longer, and then we'll set a date to have them over.

My bird for Christmas this year, (well the first one) I'll be doing another one in couple weeks or so once my MIL and her bf get over what caused them to be unable to come visit us today. As I said in another thread, yeah, it's THAT illness.
Well done on your Christmas ๐ŸŽ„ turkey ๐Ÿฆƒ @Trevor M ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‘ We ended up smoking our Christmas ๐ŸŽ„ turkey ๐Ÿฆƒ
View attachment IMG_2409.mov
yesterday. Oh boy,leftover turkey for us today & the next day as well,and you got to โ€œLove It!!โ€ lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿ˜‹ Hereโ€™s hoping that your MIL and her bf will get over their illness,so that they may enjoy the turkey ๐Ÿฆƒ dinner that you will prepare for them then. ๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• IMG_2410.jpeg
    IMG_2410.jpeg
    423.2 KB · Views: 5
Well done on your Christmas ๐ŸŽ„ turkey ๐Ÿฆƒ @Trevor M ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‘ We ended up smoking our Christmas ๐ŸŽ„ turkey ๐Ÿฆƒ
View attachment 82982
yesterday. Oh boy,leftover turkey for us today & the next day as well,and you got to โ€œLove It!!โ€ lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿ˜‹ Hereโ€™s hoping that your MIL and her bf will get over their illness,so that they may enjoy the turkey ๐Ÿฆƒ dinner that you will prepare for them then. ๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
I was surprised actually that we didn't have more leftovers than we do. I have enough bird left to make a really nice soup, but that's about it. Good thing I have that other bird in the freezer to have once my MIL is feeling better. (It's a lil bigger than the one we had last night) but I still have to try to figure out what I wanna have for New Year's Dinner on the first. Don't want to have birdie again. Will figure that out sometime this week while we're out and about.

My wife in enjoying her last week of holidays for this year this week, and I have no idea what we're doing other than I need to get to Dixie Dairy bar in St T to renew my fishin license, and the Armory store when it's open later this week to get that ticket for the hockey game I wanna go to next month.

Update..........I've been informed by my wife that her mom has contacted her and apparently, they're "feeling better" so unless something changes, we're having them over for "Christmas" next Saturday (Jan 6 2024)

Good thing I picked up the Prime Rib for tonight. I don't think I'd be in the mood for turkey 3 weeks in a row ;)

Update..........I've been informed by my wife that her mom has contacted her and apparently, they're "feeling better" so unless something changes, we're having them over for "Christmas" next Saturday (Jan 6 2024)

Good thing I picked up the Prime Rib for tonight. I don't think I'd be in the mood for turkey 3 weeks in a row ;)
Update to the update:

My wife has some misgivings about my MIL and her bf coming so quickly after testing positive (it's only been 2 weeks) because when we had Covid in Sept, we were both big time laid up for a full two weeks. During those two weeks, I was awake maybe a total of 8 hours and that's a big maybe. Got up to use the bathroom, hydrate, and IF my wife was awake, she'd remind me every 3 or 4 days I should probably eat too, and then once we started to feel better and tested negative 3x, it was another 3 weeks before we started to feel like ourselves, so she asked my MIL if we could postpone for another week to give my wife piece of mind.

So they'll be coming on the 13th now and we'll celebrate my MIL's birthday at the same time.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks