muskrat season

paddle maker

Does anyone know if one can harvest muskrat with a small game license and if so what is the season?

Do you want to hunt them or is it a nuisance rat on private property
i think your best bet is to call M.N.R if it's a nuisance rat on private property
i think you can shoot them but i think i would go to MNR that way you will
know for sure or look in the regs but sometimes getting answers from there
can be a pain in A$$.But i think the seasons are in the early spring and fall
when fur is in it's prime i think it shuts down sometime in spring so they can have there young
Sorry not much help

I see them all the time when duck hunting and hear they taste ok and I wouldn't mind tanning one for the wall as I do all my own skinning and tanning. Just wondeoutred if they fell under fur bearing mammals under small game permit. I will post info when I find out.

Called the mnr today but they coudnt give me a strait answer they transfered my call to almer but thendropped my callso I willtry again tomorrow.

I had a muskrat problem in my duck impoundments last season. I got a licensed trapper to come and trap some for me. He got 12 of them in a couple weeks. I don't know what the rules are on shooting them, but I do know they are delicious (the back legs and thighs). Even the wife and kids had their fill.

Mnr called me back today they say there is no open season for hunting so only a licensed trapper can harvest them. I have already signed up for fall course.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks