Movie's

Great reply's all, why not add to it? Shit we did as young'ns, that either got a ass whipping or should have?
-walking the barn roof beams, tunnels in the hay mow, teasing the bull, we were so told to stay away from him, kinda had to? Firing the gun's when left alone, no storage reg's back then.
Teasing any snapping turtle's found out of water, that's just a have to. Playing/climbing the local train tressell. Stay away from the creek, water's to high, wrong, best time to body surf the rapid's, water temp 40. Playing with fire, building bomb's, pellet gun war's, snowmobile suit's and full face helmet's, yey thats bad. Talking the younger cousin into picking up a cornered ground hog, we'll make it a pet, chewed him up real good.
AND most of all, hide all wounds! List is endless, much different time.
Stay well all, CM

“you think you had it tough, there was 150 of us living in shoe boxes in the middle of the road, we worked 26 hours a day down at the mill and when we got home our dad would slice us in 2 with a bread knife!
And you tell that to the kids these days and they don’t believe ya”

Actually loved your post It’s bang on! Just made me think of that old Monty Python movie And now for something completely different and the skit ”four yorkshiremen”, google it if you haven’t heard it. Just trying to stay on the movie theme!

Cheers

Great reply's all, why not add to it? Shit we did as young'ns, that either got a ass whipping or should have?
-walking the barn roof beams, tunnels in the hay mow, teasing the bull, we were so told to stay away from him, kinda had to? Firing the gun's when left alone, no storage reg's back then.
Teasing any snapping turtle's found out of water, that's just a have to. Playing/climbing the local train tressell. Stay away from the creek, water's to high, wrong, best time to body surf the rapid's, water temp 40. Playing with fire, building bomb's, pellet gun war's, snowmobile suit's and full face helmet's, yey thats bad. Talking the younger cousin into picking up a cornered ground hog, we'll make it a pet, chewed him up real good.
AND most of all, hide all wounds! List is endless, much different time.
Stay well all, CM

Most of what you said I did too. SO, I'm just gonna copy and paste what I said in another thread. It fits this too.

ain't that the truth. :LOL:

I'm just glad I had my childhood in the 70's and early 80's before much of this even existed. I didn't sit in front of the tv playing video games all day. I went outside and played. Sometimes when riding my bike, my friends and I made ramps and jumped our bicycles over each other laying on the ground to see who could jump their bike the farthest. When the street lights came on, that was my cue that I had to get my ass home. I played lawn darts when the dart wasn't a counterbalanced rounded dart, but rather a sharp and pointed one that could do real damage if someone hit you with it. I could play road hockey in the road, if a car was coming, we yelled CAR and got out of the way, and then put things back and continued the game once the car had passed.

Nobody ever intentionally ate laundry detergent because "it's a cool thing to do." based on someone else's idea of what would make a good challenge. We were smarter than that.

I Drank out of a hose and rode in the back of pickup truck where there were no seat belts, because there were no seats. If my mother wanted me home, she yelled for me, she didn't call me on a cell phone let alone one that fits in my pocket, (in today's world most people you see have their heads down, faces buried in the screens on their phones, it's a wonder more people haven't been killed for not paying attention to where they were walking)

If you got out of line, along with groundings and taking away of other privileges, it was also ok for parents to wash your mouth out with soap, give you a smack up side the head, or a spanking if necessary to correct behavior. Today they call that abuse. Back then it was teaching respect and discipline. It was teaching the difference between appropriate behavior and inappropriate behavior and that for inappropriate behavior, there would be unpleasant consequences. Schools were still using "the strap." Home schooling? That's what happened if you didn't do the work you were supposed to do in school, or you got suspended.

Bullying was not tolerated in any way because people stood up to their bullies, again often resulting in a fight. Once you stood up to the bully, you earned their respect, especially if you surprised everyone and kicked their ass. Today, they don't want you to do that. They want you to just walk away (or run) and that's much easier said than done. Bullies generally don't give up until you stand up to them, and when it's cyber bullying it's that much harder.

And the term "selfie" meant something completely different than what it means today, and if you were accused of "taking a selfie," that was not a good thing, and often them was fighting words.

Different time. Different age, and yet it wasn't all that long ago was it?

Among far too many bone head behaviours, I am a survivor of youth, gravel pit snowmobile British Bulldog.

Beginning with one, you became their team member after you were tackled off your snow machine. Last survivor won something I think. Probably any left over alcohol. ??

Small wonder I have aches and pains today. :unsure::banghead:???

Among far too many bone head behaviours, I am a survivor of youth, gravel pit snowmobile British Bulldog.

Beginning with one, you became their team member after you were tackled off your snow machine. Last survivor won something I think. Probably any left over alcohol. ??

Small wonder I have aches and pains today. :unsure::banghead:???

If memory serves me, those aches and pains are known as hangovers hvyhaul. ??

If memory serves me, those aches and pains are known as hangovers hvyhaul. ??

Actually @Trevor M , I haven't drank enough since my early 30s to have a hang over.

My aches and pains are the price I'm paying for personal physical abuse from when I believed I was indestructible and a collision in the 80s where the other vehicle put me into the back seat of my own car. LOL

Actually @Trevor M , I haven't drank enough since my early 30s to have a hang over.

My aches and pains are the price I'm paying for personal physical abuse from when I believed I was indestructible and a collision in the 80s where the other vehicle put me into the back seat of my own car. LOL

I hear ya. There's a reason I've been shelved permanently. To much of doing myself what I should have had help doing when I was doing LTL. thought I was strong like bull, but found out the hard way that all those years of thinking that way, mixed with a lot of foolish pride took their toll and I was very much all to human and I'm paying the price for that now and will for the rest of my life.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks