Motor service recommendations

mcsteve

I am looking to find a good place to get my new motor serviced. I put a Merc 115 on my new Legend and purchased through their store in Innisfill. However, I'd rather not run up to Barrie every time I need some work done. I live in the Guelph area. Does anyone have a suggestion of a good shop?

Steve

im from london have 115 merc do all my busines with proctor marine in simcoe 519 426 3390 bought my boat there great people

johnnyo

Unfortunately Simcoe is even farther than the Legend store south of Barrie. I purchased the new boat at the boat show in February but would prefer to deal with a local shop for service. Getting back and forth in under a day means more time n the water :)

I purchased my last boat from Klaus Marine in Etobicoke and had most of the service done there. I tried once to have some work done by a local marine service location (who will not be named) and found them to be more than twice the rate and they tried to claim service was needed that sounded suspicious. When I brought the motor back to Klaus they said I was correct in my suspicions.

I would also like to deal with someone I can trust so not only can I get regular service done but also have a go to place if I run into a problem.

In the Hamilton area I deal with Bay City Marine http://www.baycitymarine.ca/ They are a Yamaha & Merc rep. They service my 225 Yamaha and did warranty work on it when it was in warranty. work was good no issues.

The other one a little closer is Dundas Marine on Hwy 5 in waterdown. No idea on servicing there.

In the Flamborough Area Highway #8 and #5 Peters Corners Gord Smith Marine. Excellent mechanic and great service. Very honest with customers and explains the work to the customers that needs done. Good rates and does not try to rob the customer. I have tried them all in the Hamilton area and this business is the one I have had the most success with and very reliable.

905 628-4433

Give them a call and try them, you will be satisfied.

I have gone to this place for many years. Waterloo Marine 80 Baffin Place, Unit #2 Kitchener 519-725-2628 They do good work..:)

quote:
Originally posted by mcsteve

I am looking to find a good place to get my new motor serviced. I put a Merc 115 on my new Legend and purchased through their store in Innisfill. However, I'd rather not run up to Barrie every time I need some work done. I live in the Guelph area. Does anyone have a suggestion of a good shop?

Steve

My vote goes to Maximum Marine in Ancaster, Right on the corner of 53 and Copetown Rd. From Guelph you could make it in 1/2 hour easy.
I have a 225 Merc on mine and there would be no one else that will touch it. Also he is very fairly priced even for oil and stuff,
Maximum Equipment & Marine
1632 Wilson W. | Ancaster, ON L0R 1R0
(905) 304-5313 | info@maximummarine.ca

They specialize in Mercury motors.

I bought my Legend boat in New Hamburg from Massel's Marine and they have great service and I get them to service my 135 Optimax.

http://www.masselsmarine.com

Jeff

Wow! Thanks everyone. What a great response. Seems like a few great places in the area. I'll be taking a look at where they are and if they are Merc warranty authorised. Thanks again.

I just got back from making another run to Innisfil. What a pain that ride is. I love my boat and believe Legend makes one of the best for the price, but am getting just a bit discouraged. I took it up to them for the 20 hour service 3 weeks ago. It needed a few tweaks (expected) and I wanted to get screens made for the sides as the standard enclosure just had the vinyl windows. Was told it would be ready the next weekend so I made the trip up. Boat not ready so I had to leave it behind. My schedule meant I could not get back up till today to pick it up. Went up and guess what, the repair was not done correctly so I am without the boat again. To their credit, they have offered to deliver it this time to make up for it but I am leaving town again Wed and not back for a week. So 2 more weeks without her. On the bright side, it should be back in time to get into some eyes off Burwell.

Thanks again everyone.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks