Most productive dipsy colour?

I like to play around with matching colors... Clear snubbers... Minimum 8' leader...

Attachments

• dispsey1.jpg
    dispsey1.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 22
I don’t know if your using jet divers but on Erie they work well for me as an alternative presentation to dipsys. I have only used whatever colours that I’ve gotten a deal on, black, blue, clear and I think I have a silver one. They have caught me plenty of fish running harnesses behind them. They can be modified with a black offshore release to pop like a dipsy.

I don’t know if your using jet divers but on Erie they work well for me as an alternative presentation to dipsys. I have only used whatever colours that I’ve gotten a deal on, black, blue, clear and I think I have a silver one. They have caught me plenty of fish running harnesses behind them. They can be modified with a black offshore release to pop like a dipsy.
I started using them last year. Problem is finding a decent dive chart for them. I was looking at the one in the precision trolling book, but what they have doesn't match up with my experiences. I have a few tripsy divers I run, but am interested in your comment about the release - do you have a picture of how that would look? Anything that allows for a lighter line is a bonus in my books

Interesting to hear everyone's experience and opinion. I have two black and two yellow dipseys and always run both colours. I have not noticed any difference in performance. I just focus on the lure.

Decided to do one copper, on the bottom anyway. Not sure what i will do to the top and the other although I do like the blues as a rule. Gonna reflect on it for a bit Side by side of before and after.

Attachments

• 20210119_180622.jpg
    20210119_180622.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 12
I started using them last year. Problem is finding a decent dive chart for them. I was looking at the one in the precision trolling book, but what they have doesn't match up with my experiences. I have a few tripsy divers I run, but am interested in your comment about the release - do you have a picture of how that would look? Anything that allows for a lighter line is a bonus in my books

I don’t have a pic they are all buried in my boat under the winter cover and a bunch of snow, sorry. I used power pro to tie a black offshore release to the front after drilling a hole. I stole a photo off the Internet to give a basic idea. Not mine, but I did basically the same thing.

Attachments

• 31009B2D-48DE-49DF-BC08-1B95580F4F82.jpeg
    31009B2D-48DE-49DF-BC08-1B95580F4F82.jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 12
I don’t have a pic they are all buried in my boat under the winter cover and a bunch of snow, sorry. I used power pro to tie a black offshore release to the front after drilling a hole. I stole a photo off the Internet to give a basic idea. Not mine, but I did basically the same thing.
Interesting. - they are designed to flip and stop sinking when you get a hit -but the tripsy divers I have definitively produce less drag on the way in - I may have to give that a look - i have a bunch of off-shore style clips I use for torpedos and sinkers - if I put a heavy duty duo lock on the jet, installing and removing them would be a snap

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks