Off Topic Morels

Fishaholic

Anyone finding any yet? Checked my usual spots ( Elgin County)and nothing yet.
Regards
Ken J

Found and ate some last week 96DD95E6-7212-4022-A806-5F8A030B6EAC.jpegwith some wild leaks.. But only in one spot from last year. My other couple go to spots in the brantford area had none. Maybe a bit dry this spring. Asparagus popped but still a bit to small this week.

Found a few out back, two weeks ago. Nothing more to be found as of late. With limited work hours, I have had time to search. Strange year for them. None to be found in my normal spots.

Attachments

• IMG_7927.JPG
    IMG_7927.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
Typically once the dandelions grow the morels are out, but not this year for me. Still finding wild leeks in my usual spots but no fiddleheads or morels, yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20200505_1811256.jpg
    IMG_20200505_1811256.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20200505_1812083.jpg
    IMG_20200505_1812083.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 33
We ate our first pound of asparaus the day before the frost came and wiped out all visible asparagus. Full south and west exposure though. Fiddleheads are going good now. Last week we were getting only 1-2 off each clump.

It's wise to plant some of these in the backyard to give you a good idea of when you should be out picking the wild stuff.

As for morels, nothing yet for me. I had bad luck last year too.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks