Off Topic More Red Tape for boaters

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I guess our federal government feels we need more help from them to protect us from ourselves. Funny part is the fees they collect aren't even enough to cover the costs of collecting them. Oh well, seems to be how it goes these days😠

Yeah just got a little under $700 back on vehicle licensing today.

Gotta recoup it somewhere else I guess. 🌻
I was at the license office this week to plate the boat trailer. While there I asked about something I had heard that we can get a 6500 kg personal use sticker for pick ups.( No need to get a CVOR.) She told me that yes you can BUT, us guys with pick ups don't get free stickers and if you bump the weight up to 6500 kg its going to cost almost $300!! SO I guess the government forgot about us pickup owners when they quit charging for stickers, UNLESS you lower your gross weight to 3000 kg's! My 2500 Dodge almost weighs more than that empty! Then tow any kind of trailer and you've opened your self up to an overload ticket.
If this is the case I'm sure the Police are going to have a hay day with trucks pulling trailers from now on.
Any one else heard this BS

Break even for me this year, my F-350 costs $260 (I think) and wife got a check back for $250. I believe it was 2 or 3 years ago the Ford gov't mandated that pick-ups pay licence fees on the registered gross weight on the door sticker. Many owners where reducing that to save a bit on their stickers.
It is what it is.

I got back 380 bucks on a 2 year sticker for my Chev 1500 ! I don't know how the Province can afford this refund after all the spending it did to get through the pandemic ? I did notice my Hydro bill is up by at least 50 bucks a month more than last year. Hourly rates look the same so the delivery must have gone up ? As for Ford trying to buy my vote with a six month gas discount .... ? Pfffffft ! If I was worried about saving on my fuel bill I wouldn't be driving a pick up truck .

As for the Fed's putting the pinch on our boats ? It was just a matter of time. It has been free up to now because the idea was to collect on the sales tax during the transfer of ownership but now they have an excuse to charge us that being a "Boat Recovery Fee" and still collect sales tax.

Last edited:
Imagine my shock and confusion now!! After what I said a few comments ago I get home today and guess what's in the mail?? a rebate cheque for my 3/4 ton pickup that is registered at 4500 kg's!! Colour me confusedo_O

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks