MNR's Automated Licensing System

Consequence Free

Have to tell you, I've a bit of a beef with the MNR's new automated system for renewing your license. In mid-December, I went online and registered for my new 3 year license. The website told me that it would be delivered within 20 days. Well, I've been waiting patiently for my card in the mail for the past week or two now, with no result. I called their toll free number and listened to an automated recording telling me that "if you ordered a card via the internet, we unfortunately can not meet the deadline for getting cards out." Well they UNFORTUNATELY took my money right away!!!
(And yes, I know you can use a printed temporary version....but that's not the point.) @#$@#* - - grumble grumble
Hats off to you, MNR!
Ken

"Do or do not; there is no 'try'".
-Yoda

It is going to get worse. I dont have all of the details but am told by a good source that they have farmed our lisence issuing out to a US comapny and there are some real changes coming.

BD

funny you say the u.s. are involved now hmmmm i always thought our CANADIAN money for our licenses went to our nooooo fisheries[V][V] and to cleaning our national parks.[B)][B)]here we go now way to go mnr[}:)]

As I understand it is just the issuing end of the lisence system going US not the lisence money itself

BD

I'm still waiting for my license to arrive as well. Early December I went online to renew like I normally do, but it would only allow me to get a small game and a 24 hour fishing license, which seemed odd because my fishing license was still valid. I tried again the next day and the same thing happened, and since I was thinking I would be doing some ice fishing I wanted to get this done so I decided to order it over the phone.

Ordered on December 9 with the 20 day arrival time in mind and I am still waiting, and I have no temporary print off because it was done over the phone. I too tried to call and see what is going on, stayed on hold for the instructions on what to do "if you feel you will be needing to use the license soon" option but I couldn't stay on long enough.

Has anyone actually been able to stay on long enough to find out what someone in my situation may be able to do in case I do go up to Simcoe in the near future? I have a feeling taking my December Visa statement along with my expired card may not be good enough lol.

From what I understand they have not "farmed our license issuing out to a US company" but have bought the hard & software for the new system from a US company.
The problem lies in the fact that training on the new system has not been done properly if at all in some places.
Many places have to call the US for answers to their questions on how to get the system to work.

Bab,
I actually did stay on long enough....took me 13 minutes on hold (I saw the time on the handheld when they finally picked up). When I finally got a real person, she told me that in the case that you want to get out and you havent received the license, you can go to any Service Ontario outlet (Simcoe, Tburg, London, Woodstock) to get a FREE temp card issued to you. They will have all info online if you've already registered. I did say, however, that while it may be free, it's a huge hassle for many to go to the office (which I should have done in the first place now) after the fact that they accepted payment and promised a 20 day turn around rate.
That being said, she said that when I registered on the Dec. 19th, that I should have it early this week. We'll see. I'm sure they'll enjoy a second call. ;)
Grrrr,
Ken

-Yoda

Thanks Consequence Free, I hear ya about being "free" with the price of gas these days. Looks like I'll be making a trip into London this week...

Wooha! I received it! Guess the rep I was talking with at the MNR last week knew what she was talking about after all. Still too long to have waited for this.
Looking forward to another season of fishing. I'm hoping to get the boat out in April. And with having a broken ankle all last summer (and again laid up at present with yet a 4th surgery), I'm going to fish my @ss off this year!
All the best to the rest of you landlocked folks!
Ken

-Yoda

Just received mine in the mail yesterday.
I purchased it in person on 06 Jan 12 at Aylmer - Service Ontario.

I went to the home hardware store in Ingersoll ,its on the main street , and we got two done in about 10 minutes and two weeks later we got our cards just this week no complaints

Sure miss Ont.fishing licence fees.Fees here in B.C. are just over $100 for the year. $61.60 for the regular licence and $30 for the classified licence and , of course, plus taxes. They tax everything here! Most of the best trophy fishing are on classified lakes, streams and rivers so...you guessed it...show me the money![:(!] Their year goes from Apr.1 to Apr. 1 so I will be be donating to the cause again in a few months. On the bright side, the fly fishing here is phenomenal!

cheers,
Mike

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks