MMM Ribs

Trevor M

BBQ baby back ribs with Ceasar Salad and garlic toast.

Marinated the ribs for 4 hours in apple/grape juice with keg steak spice, fresh crushed garlic, hickory flavored liquid smoke, salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano and brown sugar before putting them in the oven for 2 hours at 350F. Finished them on the BBQ along with the garlic toast.

Attachments

• BBQ ribs Ceasar Salad and garlic toast April 27 2021.jpg
    BBQ ribs Ceasar Salad and garlic toast April 27 2021.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 23
@Trevor M do you remove the membrane?

It's something I figured should be removed and do.

I did it to the beef riblets from the other day too. That was a major pain in the kneck, but the results were amazing. Somewhat Brisket flavour and texture, but absolutely melted in the mouth.

They are on the watch for list for both our house and my neighbour.

I figured I'd share them, and now both houses are watching for them to be available and on reduced price. LOL

@Trevor M do you remove the membrane?

It's something I figured should be removed and do.

I did it to the beef riblets from the other day too. That was a major pain in the kneck, but the results were amazing. Somewhat Brisket flavour and texture, but absolutely melted in the mouth.

They are on the watch for list for both our house and my neighbour.

I figured I'd share them, and now both houses are watching for them to be available and on reduced price. LOL
Generally, yes I do, but I didn't this time. (to lazy and had other things on the go as well, was kind of a late decision that's what we were having so I just wanted to get them marinating :oops:.) Either way they always come out fall off the bone, melt in your mouth tender and whether I remove it or not, my wife can never tell the difference anyways. ;)

BBQ baby back ribs with Ceasar Salad and garlic toast.

Marinated the ribs for 4 hours in apple/grape juice with keg steak spice, fresh crushed garlic, hickory flavored liquid smoke, salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano and brown sugar before putting them in the oven for 2 hours at 350F. Finished them on the BBQ along with the garlic toast.
@Trevor M - They look awesome! I haven't used grape juice for marinating - any other meats you use it on?

@Trevor M - They look awesome! I haven't used grape juice for marinating - any other meats you use it on?
It was a 1L apple/grape juice box thingie I bought by accident that was on the wrong shelf but looked like the stuff I was looking for. I didn't realize it until I got home. :oops::banghead: It turned out pretty good tho for a mistake.

Even though I do not drink alcohol at all anymore and haven't for years, I will use it for cooking purposes. IF I'm going to marinate anything with "grape juice" it's going to be wine, and I'll use either red or white depending on what it is I'm marinating, or as I'm going to do tonight, I'll reduce it and use it in a sauce.

It was a 1L apple/grape juice box thingie I bought by accident that was on the wrong shelf but looked like the stuff I was looking for. I didn't realize it until I got home. :oops::banghead: It turned out pretty good tho for a mistake.

Even though I do not drink alcohol at all anymore and haven't for years, I will use it for cooking purposes. IF I'm going to marinate anything with "grape juice" it's going to be wine, and I'll use either red or white depending on what it is I'm marinating, or as I'm going to do tonight, I'll reduce it and use it in a sauce.
I can relate...I have a 12pack of white corn tortillas that I thought were flour tortillas. An easy swap but a nut irritating. Great use for the juice :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks