Mitchell's bay

champ

Trying to find some information on Mitchell's bay to do some late season perch. Never been to this area and really I am wondering if it is worth exploring. Would I need to bring ATV? Is walking a good option? I would like to get out this weekend or next weekend weather depending. I want to just bring a small sled to do some moving around but have a 2 man portable if necessary.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Hey Champ. I heard it's been hit and miss. I wouldn't trust a quad right now. Sections were open week ago. Try shallow first. In front of Bass Haven might be good start. They also have a forum for Mitchell's Bay called the Swamp you might want to check out

check out "the swamp" like SonsOfPerchin said, i go there all the time. Water is muddy a long ways out right now by the sounds of it.

Atv is always better. And is safe off the bayfront. Don’t go between the island to the left or right, both of which are 2ish km to the left 5km to the right. Straight out you are good for 5 km. With this being said things change and it is warming up next week.

Have you been there recently? 12+” of ice everywhere is “dangerous”? The season may be done soon with this rain and warmer weather, with that being said I was there yesterday and it was far from dangerous

we did really well saturday . to the right of the treeline in 7' over 70 between 3 guys with a lot of sorting over 10" of ice

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks