Mitchell's bay lake st clair

Ongbakfish

Hello everyone just want to ask if anyone been here Mitchell's bay fishing for small or large mouth bass at the same time where to good for swimming along the area. I will bringing my wife and the kids . Thanks

There is a sand bar kinda straight out from Mitchels Bay and kinda north of Stoney Point. Sorry can't give exact co-ordinates, but a quick look at a map should get you close. For years we have gone there after seeing a bunch of boats anchored and figuring it was a hot spot. As we got closer we looked through binoculars and could see dogs running around!! We nose up to the sand bar and anchor in the shallow waters. While Honey is floating around in her life jacket I was fishing, I cast over the edge of sand bar, it goes from 2 feet down to 10 feet. Caught my largest perch there, 14" looked more like a small wallet than a perch. It's a nice place, all sand no weeds and the water temp is higher there than the open lake. Just look for a cluster of anchored boats, they won't look like fishing boats is the clue.

There is a sand bar kinda straight out from Mitchels Bay and kinda north of Stoney Point. Sorry can't give exact co-ordinates, but a quick look at a map should get you close. For years we have gone there after seeing a bunch of boats anchored and figuring it was a hot spot. As we got closer we looked through binoculars and could see dogs running around!! We nose up to the sand bar and anchor in the shallow waters. While Honey is floating around in her life jacket I was fishing, I cast over the edge of sand bar, it goes from 2 feet down to 10 feet. Caught my largest perch there, 14" looked more like a small wallet than a perch. It's a nice place, all sand no weeds and the water temp is higher there than the open lake. Just look for a cluster of anchored boats, they won't look like fishing boats is the clue.
Thanks a lot.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks