Off Topic Minnows with white spots?

Larry Lloyd

I have been seeing small minnows in the channels at Booths now Harmony Resort with white spots on backs for some time now. Seems like whole school not just a few. Any ideas about cause.

FROM THE NET: Could be Ick or Ich or White spot disease which is a very common problem in freshwater fish. Fish infected with Ich typically develop small, blister-like, raised lesions (white spots) on the skin and/or fins.

Thanks, maybe see if I can catch some

SEND A PIC TO THE MNR AND YOU MIGHT GET A REPLY. TELL THEM WHERE YOU SAW THEM. IF THE ICK, THOSE MINNOWS WILL DIE. THATS ALL WE NEED TO KILL OFF MORE OF THE DECLINING EMERALD SHINERS LIKE ( VHS ) AN INFECTIOUS FISH DISEASE FIRST DETECTED IN LAKE ONTARIO IN 2005.

The protozoan parasite ich is a common disease among freshwater fish, and has been found in watersheds worldwide

CHECK THIS GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH LINK WHICH SHOWS MOSTLY AQUARIUM FISH WITH ICK TO SEE IF THAT IS WHAT YOUR SEEING ON THE SHINERS.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks