Midnight - an obituary

HTHM

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I never understood why people would post about the loss of a dog, until now.

The pain of driving to the vet is measurable, I was going to say immeasurable, but no this is a pain that can be defined. One would compare it to the heartache of a lost favorite toy as a child, a sharp searing pain in one's gut as you desperately search for your missing thing. However this ...toy....looks at you with soulful brown eyes and listens to you as you explain to her what your plans are, what is laying heavy on your heart, and just general unloading. She was a playmate, a warning of the always dreaded squirrel, the guard when you have a poorly placed shot that did not fold up the raccoon inhabiting your shop, and the happy to just lay at your feet companion when you are sitting in the back forty enjoying a beer.

A tireless stick or ball retriever, happiest when frollicing in the water, laying her head on your lap insisting on one more scratch behind her ears, and gently insisting that it is time to go outside and find those dreaded squirrels.

That my friends is what Midnight was, a replacement will come along, will not be named Midnight but will probably be a Lab.

I am gonna miss her.

Very sorry about your loss. It can never be explained to people have not lost a dog how truly deeply they impact our lives and in huge way our daily happiness.

Abert it's tough, I know. Midnight will never be replaced. Sorry for your loss. When I split from my former wife it wasn't she I missed most or the new house I nearly killed myself building, my Caddy, my cottage, not even my boat I had to sell! It was Ferra, my beautiful, loyal with undying love, English Staffordshire I missed most.

Sorry for your loss. It's the toughest thing to do. I always had Springers but after we put our last one down after 7 years (cancer) I had to take a break from the breed and got a chocolate Lab. She's a great dog and when the time comes it will be real hard to decide on a replacement. TC

From Friend to Friend...
I am sorry for your loss, I know the pain. This was shared with me 3 yrs ago when I went through it. I still haven't replaced mine...

You're giving me a special gift,
So sorrowfully endowed,
And through these last few cherished days,
Your courage makes me proud.
But really, love is knowing
When your best friend is in pain,
And understanding earthly acts
Will only be in vain.
So looking deep into your eyes,
Beyond, into your soul,
I see in you the magic, that will
Once more make me whole.
The strength that you possess,
Is why I look to you today,
To do this thing that must be done,
For it's the only way.
That strength is why I've followed you,
And chose you as my friend,
And why I've loved you all these years...
My partner 'til the end.
Please, understand just what this gift,
You're giving, means to me,
It gives me back the strength I've lost,
And all my dignity.
You take a stand on my behalf,
For that is what friends do.
And know that what you do is right,
For I believe it too.
So one last time, I breathe your scent,
And through your hand I feel,
The courage that's within you,
To now grant me this appeal.
Cut the leash that holds me here,
Dear friend, and let me run,
Once more a strong and steady dog,
My pain and struggle done.
And don't despair my passing,
For I won't be far away,
Forever here, within your heart,
And memory I'll stay.
I'll be there watching over you,
Your ever faithful friend,
And in your memories I'll run,
...a young dog once again.

@HTHM I feel your pain. I get down beside my 6 year old Golden Retriever as she has her seizures. and all I can do is to comfort her and talk to her until she comes out of it. But on the other hand she would do anything for us.

RIP Midnight

I hate reading things like this ,i hope your days get better each day.I put our Lab down on xmas morning and we still think about Duncan everyday.They certainly are mans best friend.Hang in there,its not easy.

Sorry also to hear the sad news about your best friend @HTHM. Been there many times myself over the years and it's always one of life's cruel days. The only thing that helps to lessen the pain is to get another puppy to hold tight as soon as you're able. There's one out there just waiting for the chance to bring that joy back in your heart that Midnight faithfully gave you while she was here. Wish you the best.

The only thing that helps to lessen the pain is to get another puppy to hold tight as soon as you're able.

That's the funny thing, we have three 2 week old pups in the house right now, our other dog a Bichon Frise/Sitzhu cross was taken advantage of by our neighbours Jack Russell, producing a Jack Shit. They look like Jack Russells that have run headfirst into a wall. Jack fur and Sitzhu face. Quite comical really. These are not going to stick around. I prefer a larger dog.

HTHM. I empathize with your loss. Our friend is on his way out as well. He has become a drug addict alerting us to the minute twice a day fir his medication. Hard for me and harder for number One.

Three Buoys. Our friend was having seizures every evening at about 19:30. He is currently on two meds. Phenobarbital and Potasium Bromide and hasn't had a seizure for about Three months. unfortunately his hips are giving out and I think the end is near. the cost of the meds is about 60 bucks a month.

I wish you both well.

Regards, Clark

HTHM my heartfelt condolences for your loss. I lost my Raven almost two years ago and when I read your post I teared up immediately. Still hurts bro, couldn't get another black so we went chocolate but still miss her a lot.

Peace to you man

This is a tough thing.

Regarding Walleye's post. One thing I found out when I had a dog with seizures was if you get the vet to write a script, you can get the drugs a lot cheaper at the pharmacy.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks