Mexican Street Corn

DaveJ

We had some walleye tacos last night, and wanted a variation on all the sweet corn we've been chowing down on. Here's a Mex version thats outstanding...almost a meal in itself.

Mexican street corn.
Boil corn for 5 mins, baste with butter, then onto a hot grill. Turn every minute until you get some color and caramelizing. Remove and baste with a mix of
1/2 c mayo
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1 tbs garlic
1 tbs smoked paprika
1 chopped habanero pepper roasted, skinned, seeded
Crumble cotija or feta cheese on top, sprinkle with chopped green onions, sprinkle a bit more smoked paprika..serve.

Attachments

• street corn.jpg
    street corn.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 24
Mmmmmmmmmm ? Sounds and looks tasty ! Plus one little roasted Habanero pepper for a touch of heat... nice ! I made Indian Style Street corn ( Masala Bhutta ) once but failed miserably... too spicy ! Took 3 days for my butt to recover. Will tone down the spice next time and use smoked paprika instead or go even plainer and just use a mild garlic butter with salt and lime ?

Mmmmmmmmmm ? Sounds and looks tasty ! Plus one little roasted Habanero pepper for a touch of heat... nice ! I made Indian Style Street corn ( Masala Bhutta ) once but failed miserably... too spicy ! Took 3 days for my butt to recover. Will tone down the spice next time and use smoked paprika instead or go even plainer and just use a mild garlic butter with salt and lime ?
With the habanero roasted skin and seeds out there was next to no heat..just sweet and smoky. I think lime garlic butter would be amazing!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks