Merc Vs Volvo IOs

keeper

Hi

I know spring is coming so I am going to start looking for a bigger boat. Wife wants something with a head other than the yellow bucket.

I heard mixed reviews on Volvo outdrives. Are they any better than the mercs ? Should I stick to Mercs because they are so plentyful?

Help

My brother is a Marine Mechanic and does not like the Volvo. Says they've had a lot of problems lately

My brother bought a brand new Regal. It had the Volvo counter rotating props on the single shaft, and had the seals go twice in three years. The first was under warranty, but the second was a very expensive repair that Volvo would not cover, even though they knew it was a problem. Needless to asy he sold the boat shortly thereafter. Maybe this in a non issue now, I don't know, but good luck.[B)]

What do you have now?? Ive been thinking of upgrading too. I was thinking in the 18ft range and would prefer aluminum. I prefer a open bow

A bad days fishing better than good days work.

I have had a merc i/o for over 20 years. That 18 ft bowrider boat is 30 plus years old and never had the i/o rebuilt. The one style of boat I was looking at only comes in Volvo I/O s.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks