Meegs lures

Van

Where can we get Meegs lures? Have not seen them down in the states.

Preaty sure they were made by a John Marshe, not sure how long ago but there use to be a site meegsonline were you could order there jigs and tubes for them.
It has been quite sometime since i aquired the different ones i have. Not sure if it was hear or on the simcoe board were someone had some contact info for them. i read that here or there this past week.
Take a look through the postings about fishing on Simcoe here and perhaps you will find the post i am mentioning about person with some sort of contact info.
Enjoy

and here is another post by this person, from 2010 in Ontario Out of Doors forum

There is no more Meegsonline Had some issues with a few things and didn't work out. I quit selling them to stores cause there so much competitions out there with all the knockoff's happening. you can PM me and I'll get back to you, I still have a few made up for the season!

So I'm not sure what you chances are, i will take a look and see if i have any doubles but i think i many have just took one of each in the sizes, but will look a bit later when i packing up for the morning.

Guys,

email this guy....James Meeger (hense they are called Meegs). Very good friend of mine and huge expert on fishing lake Simcoe (white fish and lakers). He makes them himself. He used to sell to number of stores in the past. Right now you can buy them from Bait Bucket in Barrie or directly from James.
Just to let you know he is selling them by hundreds last week or so. He'll be selling bunch of them this weekend as well. You may want to put your order in ASAP to make sure you get them.
Write to him here:

croakerking@hotmail.com

Tell him I sent you....ha ha ha ;-)
Good luck.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Do they come with the tubes or does he sell the tubes separate? How about other tubes at the stores would they work?

at the time i bought salted tubes from him, they were a separate item. I'm sure other tubes would work, the ones they had were various colors to go with color meegs you were using. I would say 2 inches in length half tube the other little legs, body over the majority with the little tenticles over the barb area.

James doesn't see tubes just the lure but you can buy tubes anywhere....2" or 2 1/2" long. Cut top of the head and guide it onto the hook until it gets firmly on the tail end of the Meeg and you are set. Chartreuse/green or black/gold as colors will work.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Sent a email yesterday have not heard back ice fisherman if you are talking to him could you ask him to check his junk mail for reeldrag
Thanks

just spoke to him...he is buried with email to respond to but promised he'll reply to you tonight.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Angling Outfitters have silver ones only, we found them in a box in the back room.
Believe price is 4 for $10.00 clear out contact Jimmy or me .Trust these are what you are looking for. Meggs we have are for ice fishing or jigging.
Ice fishing sale extended till Feb 9th. Boss is away sail 40%off ice huts 25% off rods and reel combo.
See classified add Easy 101 fm for more info .
Thanks
Monty

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks