Meat Grinders?

Honkey Donkey

My young son is asking for a meat grinder for Christmas. He is a die hard outdoors guy and this will be a complement to his tools.
Wondering what are the best out there as he will have this unit for a long time and hopefully pass it along to other generations.
Any feed back will be appreciated.

thanks for reading.

I've got a cheaper model. Nesco professional 380 watt and for a single family or one deer at a time its great. I ground 25 lbs the other day in no time. I grind 6 lbs at a time, vac seal those in 1.5 lb bags and do another set.

Unless you're cutting and grinding a whole gangs deer and they're giving you money to do it anything between 100- $200 is a great buy.

I don't expect any internal motored food equipment to last a lifetime.

Anyone use the kitchen aid grinder attachment? I have been thinking about that one for a while but dont want it to be a waste

I've got a cheaper model. Nesco professional 380 watt and for a single family or one deer at a time its great. I ground 25 lbs the other day in no time. I grind 6 lbs at a time, vac seal those in 1.5 lb bags and do another set.

Unless you're cutting and grinding a whole gangs deer and they're giving you money to do it anything between 100- $200 is a great buy.

I don't expect any internal motored food equipment to last a lifetime.
I've got one of these cheap grinders. Mine is a "Sunmile" and cost about a hundred bucks.

To do it over again, I would invest in a better model. However, I must say I've gotten my hundred dollars worth of work out of the old Sunmile! I think I've put over a dozen deer through it and lots of pork for sausages. I put over 200lbs of beef through it recently and really wished I had more power. It keeps going though, so I won't be changing it out any time soon.

Thanks guys!
We have the Kitchenaid unit + attachments and it works....but not the best.
I checked out the LEM units and they look pretty good.

x cheers!

Anyone use the kitchen aid grinder attachment? I have been thinking about that one for a while but dont want it to be a waste
Thats what i use. Its great fir grinding meat. I also use tge sausage attachment for making pepperetts that is a little slow. But the grinder works great.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks