MAYHEM AT MAITLAND TOURNEY RESULTS

chefboyardee

maitland logo.jpg

WELL THE TOURNEY DEFINITELY LIVED UP TO ITS NAME, "MAYHEM"

the day started out pretty hecktic for me with boat checks and registration for the guys to pick up there big fish tags and their pucks. all that went real smooth and the lunch was smooth as silk every moving in line and getting in the water real quick.

i had been living on the weather networks for days, from sail flow to envirment canada to NOAA on the us side and all points in between. the buoys @ port colborne and maitland all showed .4 mtr or less right up until 11am. boy they all had it wrong the weather turned ugly but the tourney was well underway and no way to restart on Sunday at this point as the radio wasn't going to recall everyone that was out fishing as they ran as far as nanticoke and the elbow. the wave increased greatly by 10 oclock to 5-6 ft but the buoys at colborne and maitland and long point were still reading .5 or less . everyone had it at ene 20 kmh which was normally fishable. oh wel what to do other than hope everyone played it smart and safe.

we pulled lines at 12 oclock with 3 fish in the boat and cut our losses , though we had a good 1 in the box. took us 2.5 hours to get from Tecumseh reef to light house at maitland . all made it back d\safely and the tourney weigh in started on time . i know there were a few disappointed people on the weather but i had to make that call and everyone was prety good about it . cant predict mother nature .

the actual prize ceremony and pig roast and afew beers and the bantering by all the guys was a great afternoon. we did achieve 24 teams up 20% from last year. were heading in the right direction. m

here are the result for the tourney and a few pictures

the Americans took home all the money on us and got n some great fish in 85 ftw a place i wasn't going that's for sure

1st JOLLY RODGER 44.00 lb $3000
2nd FOREVER FISHIN 40.72 lb $1800
3rd MID RIVER 40.58 lb $1200
4th ENVIOUS 38.85 lb $800
5th OUT N LINE 34.41 lb $400

11866494_10153097998133753_4674232356041549882_n.jpg

BIG FISH RESULTS

1ST WICKED WALLEYE 9.50 LBS $1200
2ND TWIN FISH 8.34 LBS $700
3RD FV-WALLEYE 8.22 LBS $500

big fish.jpg
plenty thanks to go out to so many people that made this tourney happen thanks to all invovled.

sorry for the late report but had to pack on sunday and catch a flight from pearson @6am back to work .

Last edited:
Rocky you must have been reading my mind. I was just about to ask what the results were and up came your post a minute before. Glad you had a good turnout. It did get snarly that afternoon here. Everyone back in safe and sound is the best you can ask for.

Nice fish Rocky! Word on the street was that it was a really good tourney, thanks for all the effort. Have a safe trip and let us know when your're back home.

i read the article posted and read... 6 foot waves and made things dangerous...if that was true?.... good thing there were no tragedys....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks