Maybe dumb question ?

Retriever

Was out near light house this aft between tip and gravel bay... I trolled anywhere from 2 to 3 mph and everything in between and I could not go more then 5 minutes without either a sheep head or silver bass... I tried everything to avoid the constant reeling... I did manage 2 nice pics but after a few hours of the silvers and the sheep we were done... I always thought that if u were getting junk you were to slow but does anyone troll faster then 3mph???

Was out near light house this aft between tip and gravel bay... I trolled anywhere from 2 to 3 mph and everything in between and I could not go more then 5 minutes without either a sheep head or silver bass... I tried everything to avoid the constant reeling... I did manage 2 nice pics but after a few hours of the silvers and the sheep we were done... I always thought that if u were getting junk you were to slow but does anyone troll faster then 3mph???
I will troll 3.2-3.4 occasionally but generally stick around 2.8
I generally don’t get many junk fish at that speed.

I'm betting you were going against current slowing your downspeed... Long lining for silvers and sheep doesn't sound appealing... lol... When fishing big swells i've caught sheephead upto 4 mph...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks